The QUICK question thread.....

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
What is it about the human brain, that when you step onto an inoperative escalator, even though you know it's not moving your body still compensates as though it is? Then climbing what should feel like normal steps it feels like you're wading through water. Then alighting at the other end your body compensates again.

stirk

Burner
What is it about the human brain, that when you step onto an inoperative escalator, even though you know it's not moving your body still compensates as though it is? Then climbing what should feel like normal steps it feels like you're wading through water. Then alighting at the other end your body compensates again.

View attachment 357423
Ha! So very true, I get a bit of vertigo thrown in for good measure.

stirk

Burner
Exactly. That weird sensation that you're toppling over. Stupid brain.
And when you see the elevator and you know you want to go up it your brain and body react in dread the moment you realise it's not working and you start looking for alternatives.

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
Confused over BB sizing.

I've got a SRAM (X1 1200) crankset that I've taken out of a GXP 92 BB. I want to put it in a 73mm threaded BB. Is this possible if that BB is also GXP?

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
Why is every Australian online bike shop out of stock on the one bottom bracket tool size that most people need?

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Confused over BB sizing.

I've got a SRAM (X1 1200) crankset that I've taken out of a GXP 92 BB. I want to put it in a 73mm threaded BB. Is this possible if that BB is also GXP?
I believe so. So far as I know, gxp is the same spindle regardless of the BB it's in

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
What do you need @Tubbsy I have the Shimano external bottom bracket tool if that's what you need.
Yeah just for XT. I have a centrelock spanner which might fit but figured it would be good to have the socket thing to attach to the torque wrench for getting it back on.

I'm going to replace the frame bearings and the chain ring is in the way.

Might get away with just removing the crank arm, but I'll let you know. Thanks for the offer.

Litenbror

Eats Squid
Yeah just for XT. I have a centrelock spanner which might fit but figured it would be good to have the socket thing to attach to the torque wrench for getting it back on.

I'm going to replace the frame bearings and the chain ring is in the way.

Might get away with just removing the crank arm, but I'll let you know. Thanks for the offer.
I just have the spanner so it won't work with the torque wrench but your welcome to it if you need it.

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Why is every Australian online bike shop out of stock on the one bottom bracket tool size that most people need?
Do you mean one of these?

I think cycling deal have one similar but their website is down at the moment and I don't think their eBay store is complete.

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
Confused over BB sizing.

as long as the polished sections of the axle where the bearings sit are seated on the inner bearing race, should be golden..
you will need shims on the outboard side of the bearings to makeup the gap