The QUICK question thread.....

tobbogonist

a registered member
Crashed my bike on Stromlo last week and broke my bikes remote lockout button (my spec sheet calls it a poploc)... would anyone happen to know where I might be able to find a replacement that doesn’t cost $80 (as the bikes not worth too much more lol)
Check if your LBS has anything suitable lying around. I picked up a poplock thing for an old set of rebas a while back for like 8 dollars. They had taken it off a bike for someone install something shiny. This was precovid so actually probs ad a zero :(
You might get lucky.
Either that or someone on here with their bottomless parts bins predating my birth.

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
i need some stem bolts for a carbon stem, no nut on the end though -it has a smooth sleeve with hex end
which goes in half-way to meet the bolt, not sure what this type of sleeve nut is called? see pic
local lbs has nothing

moorey

call me Mia
Crashed my bike on Stromlo last week and broke my bikes remote lockout button (my spec sheet calls it a poploc)... would anyone happen to know where I might be able to find a replacement that doesn’t cost $80 (as the bikes not worth too much more lol)
Check if your LBS has anything suitable lying around. I picked up a poplock thing for an old set of rebas a while back for like 8 dollars. They had taken it off a bike for someone install something shiny. This was precovid so actually probs ad a zero :(
You might get lucky.
Either that or someone on here with their bottomless parts bins predating my birth.
I resemble that! I have one somewhere in said bottomless box. Will check later.

moorey

call me Mia
Just had a hunt, no dice....got a niggling feeling I recently gave it to @Labcanary for het forks, now I think about it. Hopefully she agrees, otherwise I’ll dive back into boxes.

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
Is there a dropper post that drops the seat without needing you to sit on it? I have a 170mm dropper now but I feel that I could/should have gone with the 200mm dropper but the prospect of sitting all the way down on a 200mm sounds tiresome.

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
I sold it to @Plankosaurus who traded it for something else before I got around to installing the poploc!

In any case, I've found it. Awaiting instructions @moorey and @MrLazy
Wait, what? I don't think I've had a poploc around for a long while, let along bought one

I gave a couple away because they were rubbish. Maybe they were pushloc now that I think about it, always confuse the two.

You guys getting me involved in a thread and making me check back to see what's happened

Sent from my H8324 using Tapatalk

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
Wait, what? I don't think I've had a poploc around for a long while, let along bought one

I gave a couple away because they were rubbish. Maybe they were pushloc now that I think about it, always confuse the two.

You guys getting me involved in a thread and making me check back to see what's happened

Sent from my H8324 using Tapatalk
Not the poploc, the forks, old man!

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
Is there a dropper post that drops the seat without needing you to sit on it? I have a 170mm dropper now but I feel that I could/should have gone with the 200mm dropper but the prospect of sitting all the way down on a 200mm sounds tiresome.

Short story, no.
Long story, noooot really. Not for mere mortals anyway.