The QUICK question thread.....

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Rimpact do a super duper job, don't weigh a ton and are easy enough to install as long as you remember to use the centre channel and some diluted washing detergent.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
I haven’t used them yet, but I have heard the Vittoria liners are good for rim protection and are easier to fit than cushcores.

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
Tyre insert with the easiest installation? Mainly for rim protection.

CushCore? Turbolight? Tannus? Rimpact pro? All the same shit?
I’m all about Rimpact. Easy to fit, way lighter than CC but still actual meaningful rim protection compared to the little flat strip style ones. I bought a mixed set and have the Pro in the back of the enduro bike and Classic or whatever it’s called in the back of the XC bike - even easy to fit in a 2.25” XC tyre.

slowmick

38-39"
Can someone suggest where to buy decent shoe laces? Paid $5 at rebel and they lasted about 4 uses before the outside snapped leaving the skinny bit in the middle. Looking for non stretchy ones.

tubby74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
where to go for a short riding getaway from sydney - wife is a roadie so something suitable with quiet roads maybe 60-80km a day?

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
where to go for a short riding getaway from sydney - wife is a roadie so something suitable with quiet roads maybe 60-80km a day?
Gravel ok? If so, there's lots of good stuff around St Albans and Wiseman's ferry up into the hunter.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Bee this a native bee hive or paper wasp nest. I thought the latter but based on the structure leaning towards the former. Brought down in a storm this week but looked abandoned anyway.

tubby74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Gravel ok? If so, there's lots of good stuff around St Albans and Wiseman's ferry up into the hunter.

past st albans its probably a bit much. might try and make another day out where we park at wisemans ferry and go back via webbs creek. only a short stretch of gravel that way. did a road trip down the princes hwy recently and was rather taken with the idea of the east gippsland rail trail and others for short breaks

zooks

Likes Dirt
Been using Huck Norris for a few years. They have a few varieties depending on your riding flavour. Easy to install and they work.
I’ve only used Huck Norris originals and Cushcore.
Rimpact do a super duper job, don't weigh a ton and are easy enough to install as long as you remember to use the centre channel and some diluted washing detergent.

I haven’t used them yet, but I have heard the Vittoria liners are good for rim protection and are easier to fit than cushcores.
Thanks all for the suggestions! I ended up getting a Tannus Armour, found it for $69 at bikeonline :) Installation was toooo bad. Hardest part was the last few cm's and massaging the tyre+insert so there is no wobble etc

safreek

Well hello peeps, I have a couple frames with horizontal dropouts.
Would these stop the dreaded wheel slide in the frame when breaking heavily.
Qr sucks in them so wondering if these would work like better. Thanking you for any help

Flow-Rider

Burner
Qr sucks in them so wondering if these would work like better. Thanking you for any help

They're more for anti-theft, you're meant to use a torque wrench on them also as the thread strips easily if over-tightened.

I think you need one of these hubs, they work both on QR and horizontal frames. ;)

1708759135410.png

Last edited:

pink poodle

気が狂っている男

I used those a long time ago (there was a time when halo items were available on crc for crazy prices) and made it to the end of my street before they failed. I can't guarantee it wasn't user error, but I am pretty sure I set them up correctly. I was jibbing along the street giving them a good testing when...fuck me! Between the popping and the jamming my breaks it came real loose. I would recommend finding some chain tensioners that go in the drop outs.