The Snow Thread

brisneyland

Likes Dirt
Rtw ticket booked. Colorado, chamonix and dolomites, sweet!

Again, anyone on titanal skis or board that can compare to conventional construction?

brisneyland

Likes Dirt
Flights were 2400, the rest, well, I better work that out soon.

Five weeks, one of which is an on-snow conference, so I can write most of the trip off on my tax.

Need a new board (1k USD), bindings (250USD), jacket, pants, helmet... shit. So much money.

Chalkie

Likes Dirt
BOOOOYEEEAH! Just got myself a job working at Northstar at Tahoe for 3 months. Working afternoons so will have all morning to board and all night to party!!! Stoked.

Tristan23

Farkin guerilla
Windy as hell today in Thredbo, but we got some sweet snow. 10cm last night, plus probably another 10cm today, and whatever we get tonight, plus what's blown in with the wind over the next couple of days.

The last month in general has been super windy, but we've had some awesome days (plus some shockers...think rain, rain, rain).

Learned 540's the other day, so they're sweet. Hopefully I can scrape some funds together to get over the Canada in January.

Little T

Likes Dirt
What do you guys think the snow conditions at Perisher will be like in late September? I'm heading down with school from the 19th to the 26th and I'm hoping that it won't be slush.

Tristan23

Farkin guerilla
What do you guys think the snow conditions at Perisher will be like in late September? I'm heading down with school from the 19th to the 26th and I'm hoping that it won't be slush.
It most probably will be. This season has been pretty shitty, snow wise, so far. Unless it dumps lots and lots at the start of September i'd say it won't be that excellent.

Lemontime

Eats Squid
Just got back from Perisher! Was boarding monday and tuesday and am super keen on it now! The snow on monday was shocking (at smiggens at least) but me and a mate had plenty of fun on Bear Flat and Wood Run where there was still plenty to go round..! Tuesday was, as tristan said, way better snow-wise, but the weather was pretty poor! We hung around Smiggens (bear flats mostly) for the morning then in the afternoon headed over towards perisher. We did a few runs down the Mt Piper Fun Park which was certainly a learning experience for myself! Then we went up the "Telemark T-Bar" and down the main run in Perisher (shocking idea).
At this point one of my mates went to the medical centre after he ate it on the T-bar (those things are deadly) and had a good 2CM high lump on his elbow, which was the end of his day. So me and another mate went up the 8-chair and rode down The Chute to the bottom of pretty valley. Then up the Double chair to the top of pretty valley!

At the top the weather was pretty much shocking but the snow (all the way down) was killer! Visibility was terrible (couldn't see any detail in the ground) but it was definitely one of the most fun runs I'd done.

All in all, I'm super keen on snowboarding and it'll definitely be in the cards for future shit to do regularly!

Though my board was shit with at least 7CM of toe overhang.. Pretty devo..

Tristan23

Farkin guerilla
Just got back from Perisher! Was boarding monday and tuesday and am super keen on it now! The snow on monday was shocking (at smiggens at least) but me and a mate had plenty of fun on Bear Flat and Wood Run where there was still plenty to go round..! Tuesday was, as tristan said, way better snow-wise, but the weather was pretty poor! We hung around Smiggens (bear flats mostly) for the morning then in the afternoon headed over towards perisher. We did a few runs down the Mt Piper Fun Park which was certainly a learning experience for myself! Then we went up the "Telemark T-Bar" and down the main run in Perisher (shocking idea).
At this point one of my mates went to the medical centre after he ate it on the T-bar (those things are deadly) and had a good 2CM high lump on his elbow, which was the end of his day. So me and another mate went up the 8-chair and rode down The Chute to the bottom of pretty valley. Then up the Double chair to the top of pretty valley!

At the top the weather was pretty much shocking but the snow (all the way down) was killer! Visibility was terrible (couldn't see any detail in the ground) but it was definitely one of the most fun runs I'd done.

All in all, I'm super keen on snowboarding and it'll definitely be in the cards for future shit to do regularly!

Though my board was shit with at least 7CM of toe overhang.. Pretty devo..
Man, you missed out. Today was probably the best powder day i've ever had in Australia (which makes it in my life, as i've never skied anywhere overseas). Fresh tracks all morning long, most of the time around shin to knee deep. The wind was insane though, which made it less pleasant than it could've been, but it was still an awesome morning out.

Now you're hooked, snowboarding will take over your life!

Lemontime

Eats Squid
Man, you missed out. Today was probably the best powder day i've ever had in Australia (which makes it in my life, as i've never skied anywhere overseas). Fresh tracks all morning long, most of the time around shin to knee deep. The wind was insane though, which made it less pleasant than it could've been, but it was still an awesome morning out.

Now you're hooked, snowboarding will take over your life!
Haha, hard for it to take over my life when I've got so little money! And devo about missing today! Ah well, had a blast monday and tuesday!

sawtell

The Great White Rooks Hunter
very dissaponted to miss out today/yesterday, but it has looked to be in my advantage, most of buller and hotham were on wind hold, meaning that when i head up on friday for the weekend, i should still be able to find some semi fresh stashs around the areas where the lifts have been closed!!!!!

hardinge915

Likes Bikes and Dirt
YEW SNOW THIS WEEEKEND.... again..
Anyone going to be staying in Jindabyne this weekend or at Perisher?
Will be camping out in Jindy, make for some good times

dunndog

Eats Squid
very dissaponted to miss out today/yesterday, but it has looked to be in my advantage, most of buller and hotham were on wind hold, meaning that when i head up on friday for the weekend, i should still be able to find some semi fresh stashs around the areas where the lifts have been closed!!!!!
Yep, it'll be like frsh virgin slurpie crush everywhere! Rain due tomorrow, to back up the only decent fall since june.. Aah hokkaido come to me

Tristan23

Farkin guerilla
Skied Perisher today...didn't like it at all. So much traversing and so little riding time. Really not my thing.

(Bring it on, Simon...:p)

sawtell

The Great White Rooks Hunter
angry mates i was going with tomorrow have bailed..

so now down to probably just doing Sunday.

which the weather is looking average