The stupid questions thread.

Calvin27

Eats Squid
You guys rekon hubs spin better after they have had a bit of rolling. I swear my bike felt like a dog this morning, after setting it free on descents hitting 70kph, I swear the ride home was way smoother?

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
You guys rekon hubs spin better after they have had a bit of rolling. I swear my bike felt like a dog this morning, after setting it free on descents hitting 70kph, I swear the ride home was way smoother?
If the grease in there isn't as pure as it could be, it can firm up without use. A good ride will get it all warm and ooooooozey again. To prevent this problem happening again spray a shitload of WD-40 into the bearings. While you're at it spray a bit on your brake rotor as well.

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Yeah, I've experienced that. A proper descent and the bike rolled much better. My mate thought I was fucking nuts

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I'm prepared to be the bag guy here, but need some clarity...

Ems everyone in my neighbourhood leads their bins out in "the lane". Not me, I have never even put my bins out for collection. I generate about 1 shopping bag with of garbage per week (maybe a little more at the moment with all the being sick a home). So I usually just empty my inside bin on bin night into one of my neighbour's bins.

I seem to have a few new neighbours move on while I was in Japan and one of them seemingly doesn't like to share. This week hey have taken to putting their bin away. Not their free waste or recycling bin mind you, just the garbage bin. Being a late night kind of guy, I'll still be able to access their bi when hey put it out on bin night... and to be your arse their bin is now going to be my main bin. I like being petty. Well unless they get up really early and on bin day and I'll it out before the truck arrives...if that happens I'll use another bin.

So my question is...are people actually up tight about their bins? I never realised! It's no like I'm loading asbestos on there!

creaky

XMAS Plumper
I'm prepared to be the bag guy here, but need some clarity...

Ems everyone in my neighbourhood leads their bins out in "the lane". Not me, I have never even put my bins out for collection. I generate about 1 shopping bag with of garbage per week (maybe a little more at the moment with all the being sick a home). So I usually just empty my inside bin on bin night into one of my neighbour's bins.

I seem to have a few new neighbours move on while I was in Japan and one of them seemingly doesn't like to share. This week hey have taken to putting their bin away. Not their free waste or recycling bin mind you, just the garbage bin. Being a late night kind of guy, I'll still be able to access their bi when hey put it out on bin night... and to be your arse their bin is now going to be my main bin. I like being petty. Well unless they get up really early and on bin day and I'll it out before the truck arrives...if that happens I'll use another bin.

So my question is...are people actually up tight about their bins? I never realised! It's no like I'm loading asbestos on there!
low life scum

stirk

Burner
@pink poodle I'm particular about my bin if others don't seal their doggy shit bags before putting it into my bin, that sucks. I also hate it when someone fills my bin at night as I normally get up early before collection and put more stuff in. I also hate it when people fill my bin just after collection, had that happen a bit when I lived in the inner city. Bloody city people.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
I'm not, I've used my neighbours bin when needed and have returned the favour.
It isn't one of those things in life that you should have to get all worked up over.

But...............my pet hobby horse to get pissy all over is the cnuts that park out the front on the park across the road and night and throw McDonalds wrappers out of their car. These always end up in my yard after a hint of westerly winds. I have contemplated putting on my full face helmet and running outside with the sledge hammer at 11:30pm to reinforce my lob sided view of the world.