The stupid questions thread.

Mr Crudley

Wheel size expert
Ok... if there is, what is the difference between Rockshox Lyrik Charger 2 vs 2.1 RCT3? (Other than the extra 0.1).
There is loads of this Charger stuff on MTBR to sift through. To summarise what I've seen, the Charger 2 is reported to have not so great LSC nor a wide range of LSC tuning available while the 2.1 fixed it. I have a 2 and it feels fine to me but don't have 2.1 to compare.

And how can you tell which one you have? I can't use the serial number on the RS website as the CSU is a replacement.
That is a good question. I don't know how you can visually pick the 2 and 2.1 apart if you don't have the RS Part ID handy. They sure look the same. I'd guess you would have to pull it apart and know where the differences are.

moorey

Ask me about Piriformis syndrome
What did those extra 4 teeth do to you. Not good shifting or you grew some track thighs and can climb and outrun anything now?
It did compromise my shifting slightly, but just found I generally didn’t need them for my riding. Will bang one back on for TransTas.

northvanguy

Likes Dirt
That is a good question. I don't know how you can visually pick the 2 and 2.1 apart if you don't have the RS Part ID handy. They sure look the same. I'd guess you would have to pull it apart and know where the differences are.
This is what's annoying me! I can likely do the research if i could figure out what the f**k is in there without taking it out.

moorey

Ask me about Piriformis syndrome
Modesty is good quality. It is totally acceptable to shift to granny gear at the slightest sign of a hill.
'I thought I saw one,.....snick....snick........pedal fast'
No modesty, just no great hills or great rush.
That said, being somewhat fit for the first time in years is a nice thing.

Mr Crudley

Wheel size expert
This is what's annoying me! I can likely do the research if i could figure out what the f**k is in there without taking it out.
I hear you. They sure aren't well identified. Maybe the year of the fork might help to give an idea if it is 2 or 2.1 - like newer is mostly likely a 2.1.
Not ideal by a long shot but there aren't too many options.

beeb

cheese-muffled mooo
All of that covid times living. I think you were in one of the better places to literally ride out a pandemic.
What, even better than my paved and mostly flat local creek loop that's scenery includes the local tip, the back of several industrial estates, a major freeway interchange, some abattoirs and a petrol station? I feel slighted... :eek: