The stupid questions thread.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Surely it isn't too hard to use a spoon rather than washing your fingernails in someone's beverage. I've never worked in the food industry but I would imagine preparing food before it is cooked is a bit different, as heat would kill off most of the germs.
You ever watched someone plate up meals to be sent to table?

As for your specific magic tea moment, if it was me making it...I wouldn't be putting my hands in there, that why spoons or tongs or strainers and many other tools were invented. Even it I was making the item for myself, because customers see.

Flow-Rider

Burner
If it's a genuine paying customer, then fair enough, pretty grubby.
Best unseen I think, not a good image for the shop.
You ever watched someone plate up meals to be sent to table?

As for your specific magic tea moment, if it was me making it...I wouldn't be putting my hands in there, that why spoons or tongs or strainers and many other tools were invented. Even it I was making the item for myself, because customers see.
My relatives actually owned one of the first coffee shops at Balmoral beach about 20 years ago, I washed dishes a few times while they served customers and never seen them do anything like that but I can imagine what some disgruntled workers are capable of.

dirtdad

Wants to be special but is too shy
If it was my cafe, I'd be telling them to use a spoon.

Once ordered a coffee in Prague. Fancy looking place, with many different 'origins' of beans around etc. The barista filled up the portafilter 3/4 from the grinder, and 1/4 from a little plastic snap-top box. I wondered if they were mixing different blends of coffees in the handle, and didn't think much more of it.
When she handed me the cup I said thanks and started to leave. To my horror, she then swept up all the loose coffee grounds that had spilled onto the bench into that same little container.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
If it was my cafe, I'd be telling them to use a spoon.

Once ordered a coffee in Prague. Fancy looking place, with many different 'origins' of beans around etc. The barista filled up the portafilter 3/4 from the grinder, and 1/4 from a little plastic snap-top box. I wondered if they were mixing different blends of coffees in the handle, and didn't think much more of it.
When she handed me the cup I said thanks and started to leave. To my horror, she then swept up all the loose coffee grounds that had spilled onto the bench into that same little container.
I did one shift in a cafe where the owner was displeased by my pouring out unused milk after pouring a cup...I was very confused and he explained that the remaining milk was to stay in the jug and just get topped up with the next coffee...a kind of solera system for the milk I guess? I knew I didn't want to work for someone with am arse that tight.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
How the fuck...how the fuck is my electricity bill for almost exactly the period of time I was in Perth for (according to biller the period begins 3 days before I left and ended 14 days after I got home) with my electricity turned off at the box with in $15 of the previous quarter and negligibly different to the same period last year? Something isn't right!

frenchman

Eats cheese. Sells crack.
How the fuck...how the fuck is my electricity bill for almost exactly the period of time I was in Perth for (according to biller the period begins 3 days before I left and ended 14 days after I got home) with my electricity turned off at the box with in $15 of the previous quarter and negligibly different to the same period last year? Something isn't right!
I’ve been squatting in ur place whilst you were gone. Sorry about the bathroom.

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
Is it actual (meter read/smart meter) or estimated?

Minlak

custom titis
What he said - probably estimated read so will will be similar to all your bills - catches up when they do an actual meter read.

Flow-Rider

Burner
Whaaaaaaaaaaaat? Gun n Roses are touring? Sounds like an awful idea.
The good music ended when they stopped doing crack, pretty much like most of those bands. I'd heard from friends the last time they were here most people walked out before the gig finished because it was so bad.