The Vintage Mountain Bike Thread.

Milpool

Have knuckles, will drag
Here's my 93 Kona Cinder Cone in all its incomplete splendour.

I think all I'm missing is a seat post (26.6mm if anyone has one lying around?) and I'm going to get the jagwire brake and shift cable set. I'll slowly upgrade components as I find them and hopefully chuck the old shit on a small 94 cinder one frame I have that can be the missus'. It has no forks so would like to put some suspension forks on it, make it a bit of an all weather beater.

This is a 1996 Barracuda, with the Judy's and the grip shift it'll be perfect to get the missus on to gain some confidence, she's not great on bikes. Needs tyres and tubes but everything else goes alright. Mix of XT and LX.

And this is the Topanga that is up for grabs if anyone wants to give it a good home.

safreek

Then I don't understand it. Is there a video?
I have a photo, apparently 220mm rear travel, 300mm front travel, gearbox, looks fucken hard.
Ticks all the boxes needed. Absolute dream bike for me and many others

I mean seriously, who wouldn't toss a quick one over that

FigBo0T

Puts verniers on his headtube
Holy fark. Now I see it. It was the gearbox that was confusing me. That looks bombproof. Where are the gun mounts?

FigBo0T

I thought this might interest someone here.

You might have to join the group to see it. I don't really get BookFacing.

rowdyflat

chez le médecin
I am about to put up my 1996 Giant frame up for free to good home when it has had a wash.
Looked like this when new I dont have many of the original parts maybe seatpost ,seatpost binder , stem , barends +derailleurs!

Elbo

pesky scooter kids git off ma lawn
I've got a Raleigh Technium Chill frame (58cm top tube) with Rockshox Indy forks, 9 spd XT brake levers and shifters. I found it dumped a few years ago and haven't had any luck finding the owner locally, so its free to a good home! Comes with everything pictured except XT pedals.

I'm entertaining the idea of downgrading to an older alloy roadie, so if anyone has something interesting in 56-57cm top tube, let me know. I found my dream road rig, a Klein Quantum, a while ago, but it was cracked and I can't TIG weld.

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
I'm entertaining the idea of downgrading to an older alloy roadie, so if anyone has something interesting in 56-57cm top tube, let me know.
ve got a lemond reynolds 853 steel frame if you’re interested, think it’s 57.5 tt, i’m 184

Elbo

pesky scooter kids git off ma lawn
ve got a lemond reynolds 853 steel frame if you’re interested, think it’s 57.5 tt, i’m 184
Awesome frame and thanks for the offer, but I'm pretty set on finding a stiff alloy bike. My steel Bombtrack Audax is great for long rides, but not so great for crits and training.

FigBo0T

This guy looks like he has heaps of the sorta frames and forks you guys like. I've hovered over his complete coiler for sale a few times. @safreek @FigBo0T

Mtb part, downhill, freeride, cross country,
Cheers mate. Nice collection. He has a few complete DH bikes too.