The Vintage Mountain Bike Thread.

Litenbror

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yeah when he was in his prime around 2004, I still catch up with him from time to time. Such a nice bike, wasn't quick enough!
I've never met him but know quite a few who do and a really good guy by all accounts. Apparently my Honzo was his at some stage, 36 front 20 rear single speed he must have been a machine.

Milpool

Have knuckles, will drag
Some of the 80/90s stumpys had the coolest colourways. Doesn't seem like many made it here unfortunately. That Marin is awesome. Do you still have any of them?

AaronJ

Likes Dirt
No, unfortunately.

The Schwinn went to dad and then the skip bin some time a decade or so ago.

The Stumpy I modified, repainted and set up a SS commuter, then sold in the mid 2000s.

The Marin was pinched.

tobbogonist

a registered member
I never have anything to worthwile to post here just wanted to say it's rad to scroll through all these old school bikes and pick up bits of stories here and there.
It has to be noted i do not use the word 'rad' lightly.

jbg

Likes Dirt
Thanks guys. This is number 006 and was a 95/96 team bike. They then had a a full red version for the 96 season which Toby Henderson rode with prototype boxxers. I know the team sold their red frames to some Aussies after the Cairns world champs and there were a few available to the public.
For 97 the team painted up Intense M1’s

Scotty T

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Thanks guys. This is number 006 and was a 95/96 team bike. They then had a a full red version for the 96 season which Toby Henderson rode with prototype boxxers. I know the team sold their red frames to some Aussies after the Cairns world champs and there were a few available to the public.
For 97 the team painted up Intense M1’sView attachment 361618
That's some nicely shaped beer cans there man, much nostalgia.

Scotty T

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Mal Bennett yeah?...
Yep. My mate was meant to get him to build the front wheel for the e-postie bike so I could use it to commute, after a long delay getting spokes cut the COVID happened and the wheel hasn't made its way to the north side yet. He builds a good wheel.

Elbo

Eats Squid
If anyone's interested, I'm selling my Raleigh Technium Chill frame (59cm top tube) and Rockshox Indy fork. Asking $220 and I've got it listed here in the for sale section, but happy to do a deal for fellow burners.
I'd also consider swapping for a Large retro GT frame or Kona frame to build a commuter, or parts I need for my cargo bike build.

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere