The Vintage Mountain Bike Thread.

Scotty T

Walks the walk
No, on the tour down under SS hosted by Auckland, the guy who records the hidden athlete podcast got his bar ends caught in some vines & had a nasty crash..even ripped his rapha knicks :oops:
He mustn't have had enough length and bend, because if you put the Velocitys I have into a vine chances are you were fucked without them anyway.

Could anyone honestly say this is any better in that situation?

Milpool

Have knuckles, will drag
Barracuda is gooooone. The guy was pretty stoked with it so that was good. I've got a wtb ad up on retrobikes to try get some parts for the Kona but if anyone sees any m730/5 stuff in their travels please let me know.

Edit; just bought a front derailleur off eBay so just need rear and a crankset. Been offered a nos xt seatpost which I'd love but it'll end up being expensive by the time it gets here. I have a DX rd on it at the moment I can probably get by with. Not really keen to put the Alivio cranks on it.

Last edited:

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Looking a bit less sad now. No chain yet and don't know what I'm doing for shifters either. But rolling it around definitely gives you an appreciation for 20 odd years of MTB progress

I think I want to hunt down one of those barracudas now. This is kinda cool, but I had me a barracuda and I want it back. Thanks @Milpool, this mission is probably going to give me all manner of grief

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

Milpool

Have knuckles, will drag
Found a seatpost, NOS xt in black, coming from somewhere that deals in Euro so who knows when it'll get here.. Still on the look out for an M735 rear derailleur if anyone sees one pop up on the retro Facey pages, otherwise been offered one for 25pound. Put an offer on some cranks today too so see what happens. This thing is eating more money than my regular bike and I can't even afford that. Once me front derailleur gets here I can start to piece it together a bit more. Will need to buy cables, do you guys generally get a jagwire kit or just get SRAM cables from anywhere?