The "will someone please kill me" thread

Adrian

Junkie (not the adrenalin type either)
bingo... Not deathworthy, but a bit of a pain. If only there was a bulldozer that could fix assignments.

Fatman

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Unfortunately my assignment is about the Snowy and environmental flow releases, not up to how to fix mines just yet. I'm all for your bulldozer training if it will help get through assignments.

Assignment is now due in 21hrs, 9hrs of actual work and then back home for a night on the computer finishing the damn assignment. I always need the fear to drive me.

Last edited:

Carlin

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Ha Ha, I have only just found this thread.

1000 words: Four cross. Short, fast, keep it low and tight. focus.

2000 words: Downhill. Over quickly, but save a little for a strong finish.

3000 words: Olympic format XC. The standard. Give yourself more than one night, pace yourself.

5000-10 000 words: Starting to get into the enduros, up to eight hours. You need the time and preparation to get these right. Bonk early, or leave it to the last minute and you will be in big trouble.

20 000 words: This is a solo 24-hour territory. don't even consider this without a good support crew, and decent time in the saddle under your belt.

50 000 words: You are in to a multi-day stage race here. Take it one day at a time.

100 000 words: Grand tour. A number of weeks of racing, uncatogorised climes, sprints, descents, tears, pain and joy. Dont know how anyone does it. Drugs?

Yes I should be working ;)

Last edited:

Fatman

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I got the bastard done, but I still haven't slept.

I'm trying to counter the amount of Monster I drank to keep me awake with some Austrian sleeping potion known as Gosser Dark. I don't know what it is but that Monster stuff really worked on me, even if the flavour is just wrong. Mind you I'm sure what I submitted was the biggest pile of shit I have composed, to be honest though I can't remember.

Oh well.

Need sleep.

More beer.

axertes

Likes Dirt
Ugh, have to write my literature review for my thesis, plus a little 1500 word paper (due about 10 days ago), plus another one for Wednesday. Lit review's only like 4 pages, but my supervisor expects a high degree of awesomeness.

I discovered this semester that I can fairly comfortably do an allnighter without any drugs but coffee and cigarettes. Last week, my Tuewednesday went something like this:

Tues, 6am: wake up
Tues, 7am-6pm: procrastinate on thesis work
Tues, 6pm-10pm: work
Tues, 10pm: start thesis work
Wed, 9am: complete thesis work
Wed, 10am: show supervisor thesis work
Wed, 12pm-2pm: do coursework presentation
Wed, 2pm-5:30pm: lecture x 2, presentation
Wed, 6pm-10pm: work
Wed, 10pm: sleep

Overall, a 40 hour day. Only fell asleep briefly at a uni computer doing the coursework assignment.

Last edited:

meelen dh

Likes Dirt
This thread has made my mind up. No uni for me.

I never knew that there was a bright side to being a dead shit. Ha

Regan of Gong

Likes Dirt
Management 110 group presentation in 8 hours or so. I'll have slept not much at all the last few days, and my group members picked General Motors to examine for management issues. Crazy dry stuff.

Burninator

Cannon Fodder
This thread has made my mind up. No uni for me.

I never knew that there was a bright side to being a dead shit. Ha
There isn't a bright side. Uni lfe is awesome aside fr when stuff starts getting frantic. For instance, I'm meant to be in class but am instead currently sitting in the uni cafe listening to music and reading RB on my phone.

You on the other hand will likely have to endure four years or so of 50 hour weeks and shitty shitty shit apprentice wages. Ouch.

frenchman

Eats cheese. Sells crack.
You on the other hand will likely have to endure four years or so of 50 hour weeks and shitty shitty shit apprentice wages. Ouch.
Where as you will graduate with ~ $20,000 to $30,000 worth of debt and on a starting salary less than a qualified tradesman. Ouch

MasterOfReality

After forever
Where as you will graduate with ~ $20,000 to $30,000 worth of debt and on a starting salary less than a qualified tradesman. Ouch
But with a much greater potential to exceed the top salary of a qualified tradesman, and staying clean doing it ;)

Last edited:

meelen dh

Likes Dirt
There isn't a bright side. Uni lfe is awesome aside fr when stuff starts getting frantic. For instance, I'm meant to be in class but am instead currently sitting in the uni cafe listening to music and reading RB on my phone.

Haha slighlty true bro.
Starting my apprenticeship in Nov.
7 bucks an hour for me cause im a 1st year apprentice. But hey, if you seriously enjoy what you do, you will just get stuck in and do it. But at the end of it i get a very special piece of paper saying im qualified. ;)

frenchman

But with a much greater potential to exceed the top salary of a qualified tradesman, and staying clean doing it ;)
This is true, but wouldn't you rather have access to a higher wage in younger age bracket than earning potentially 3 fold at middle age?

You're only going to end up spending you money on a Ferrari and those god awful matching baseball caps so your hair doesn't fall out when you exceed 150kmh...

Burninator

Cannon Fodder
This is true, but wouldn't you rather have access to a higher wage in younger age bracket than earning potentially 3 fold at middle age?

You're only going to end up spending you money on a Ferrari and those god awful matching baseball caps so your hair doesn't fall out when you exceed 150kmh...
It all works out in the wash. Lower income when you only have yourself to look after, much higher income when you have a mortgage, a gold digger and 3 hungry mouths to feed. :D

Just stick to your planes, flyboy.

elliotdhmcgeary

Likes Bikes and Dirt

Yes ... but still, we'll be driving Ferrari's, and you won't be :p

frenchman

Yes ... but still, we'll be driving Ferrari's, and you won't be :p
I'm more of an Aston man myself...

And come on, seeing a senior aged citizen in brand new Spider (with his matching Ferrari cap) is just as bad as those flat brim idiots turning a perfectly fine commercial vehicle into to something that handles (and resembles) a shopping trolley.

Last edited: