Things the MTB industry does wrong

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Yeah good on SRAM for setting an excellent standard, one for the rest to adopt.
I'll bite. I'm betting the competition don't adopt another competitors 'standard' and go ahead to make their own variant instead.

MTB standards seem to be a free for all with healthy doses of manufacturer lock in You slowly end up going the whole 'ecosystem' limiting future choice even more. Bag 'o dicks for all.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Oh , and I had to get up in the morning and walk ten miles before dawn to get a lump of coal so we had heating ....
Oh, weren't you privileged.
I had no coal and had to walk twenty miles in the dark to find sticks because we were too poor to afford sunlight :)

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
Shimano don’t understand hubs, why would they understand drivers?
They understand hubs alright, they just don't understand why anyone would have different cassette interface patterns...... (On the road side, they're about the only ones who don't offer Campagnolo-pattern drivers, so not adopting XD isn't a precedent).;)

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
We use ‘standard’ tongue in cheek. Saying it has just become the norm, and it shits me too.
The cycling meeja aren't so tongue in cheek, it's just plain fucking misuse. Closely followed by "enduro".

Edited 'cos I missed a letter....

Last edited:

moorey

call me Mia
Good point. It’s become just lazy speak for most people. It’s a word that everyone knows the meaning of, but very few know the actual meaning of.