Thredbo - all you need to know

SideFX

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hey guys,
Thinking about driving down with some mates for 3 days after chrissy for the first time.
Anyone have any ideas for cheap accommodation (camping maybe)?
Also, what armour do you guys recommend I should take?
Cheers
YHA Thredbo $28 a night .

jp4294

Likes Dirt
Cheers that's very cheap! Thanks. Also is there much to do if it's raining? None of us are 18 so we can't go to the pub and I doubt the track will be open when it's wet?

higgin_d

Likes Dirt
Don't let anyone tell you about this really good XC track that they've built at the dam. I was down there a few weeks ago, and had that track earmarked on down day, and i know the tracks around the burgh pretty well, and that just won't stack up...

The only thing that i'll say that you must do whilst you're down there is get a chicken burger from "jindaybyne seafood".... they are bloody great....

New B LINE along the cannon ball

South east MTB with KT are building a new B-line... here there are few shots I got last week...
RNG_03.jpgRNG_04.jpgRNG_06.jpgRNG_05.jpg

It looks like a nice and easy flow trail with berms and easy jumps...should be fun!!
:clap2::clap2::clap2:

No Skid Marks

Blue Mountain Bikes Brooklyn/Lahar/Kowa/PO1NT Raci
Nice shots. It you better get back up there with your camera, all that's been built up more. Looking like it has the makings for a fun track for all and most sorts of decent bikes. Personaly looking forward to a hardtail run on it although that might change when the track builders get to some rockier parts of the MTN. Hope Thredbo gets some drizzle to pack it all in so they can get that section open ASAP.

No Skid Marks

Blue Mountain Bikes Brooklyn/Lahar/Kowa/PO1NT Raci
New track is nearly done to "Davos Elbo"(just before high speed bit into table top jump), but it's not all open yet. Parts are open on and off depending on weather until it's sorted. CORC are racing it all this coming weekend I believe. Then parts may be reshut for repair work. Some parts are open now. I'll try get some pics tomorrow. It's early stages even though heaps of works been done. They're pretty much just letting people have a taste to see how it's wearing, but they'll be adjusting some of it. It's not finished yet. Some great parts so far.

shirtz

Likes Bikes and Dirt
New track is nearly done to "Davos Elbo"(just before high speed bit into table top jump), but it's not all open yet. Parts are open on and off depending on weather until it's sorted. CORC are racing it all this coming weekend I believe. Then parts may be reshut for repair work. Some parts are open now. I'll try get some pics tomorrow. It's early stages even though heaps of works been done. They're pretty much just letting people have a taste to see how it's wearing, but they'll be adjusting some of it. It's not finished yet. Some great parts so far.
correct. had a dig on the weekend. has some fun parts. i found the A line rock sections quite hectic on the weekend so i did the b line instead.

Thanks for all the tips now i will be able to go there and not worry about everything as much i also have some friend who would be interested to read and hear about this post of yours thanks so much ill pass on the info:)