Titanium Hardtail

ctguru

Likes Bikes and Dirt
That is ridiculously expensive for what is in essence a mass production frame.
I realise that it's limited and all but that price is crazy.
Kona are a bit on the pricey side. Boutique prices for big production numbers.
Not a bad business model if it works. Bikes seem to be pretty good however. Not ridden one, mate loves his Honzo though.
GT also did the Xizang Ti. Looks nice. And expensive.
And super light.
Changed tack, went plastic and got a GT carbon zaskar for ~$500

Maybe titanium in the future

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fitzroybikeco

Likes Dirt
Pretty sure they have some Kona Rajan's (SP) in australia. They will be a year or two old but might be worth a look. I have a Xizang and you can probably pick up a frame second hand for around $1100 if they come up.

For what it's worth TI is awesome.

russ

ctguru

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Pretty sure they have some Kona Rajan's (SP) in australia. They will be a year or two old but might be worth a look. I have a Xizang and you can probably pick up a frame second hand for around $1100 if they come up.

For what it's worth TI is awesome.

russ
A shop checked for me and none in stock, but I am an XL

Z

Zaf

A shop checked for me and none in stock, but I am an XL

One of the facebook bike market pages had a guy selling his XL Honzo Ti frame (which was unbuilt project bike) recently. You should check that out because the size and material would make it a slow mover!!!

ctguru

Likes Bikes and Dirt
One of the facebook bike market pages had a guy selling his XL Honzo Ti frame (which was unbuilt project bike) recently. You should check that out because the size and material would make it a slow mover!!!
Cheers....

Changed tack, went plastic and got a GT carbon zaskar for ~$500

Maybe titanium in the future

Never going to be easy when you're looking for XL sizing.
I'm in the same boat.
Next HT will be steel and 29 but am looking at just refurbishing the Enduro instead of replacing.
Good price on the Zaskar. And a pretty good looking rig too

ctguru

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I decided to save up and go down the path of a custom Titanium from Waltly, based on a Kona Raijin with SS and geared 12x142 sliding dropouts

I'll create a new build thread with my experience

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
Out of interest, anyone have a Baum?
a mate has one -$10K+ build -he has a road disc version - fully sweet look & ride..don't think id ever drop that much--he started riding less just after he bought it also.another mate has a curve - also excellent. ive just grabed one of the lynskey mt27.5 off chainR, will try & build it up dingle speed - if it doesn't work out ll convert it to be a gravel bike with drop bars

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
a mate has one -$10K+ build -he has a road disc version - fully sweet look & ride..don't think id ever drop that much--he started riding less just after he bought it also.another mate has a curve - also excellent. ive just grabed one of the lynskey mt27.5 off chainR, will try & build it up dingle speed - if it doesn't work out ll convert it to be a gravel bike with drop bars
Hubba hubba

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk