To the parents out there: WeeRide... anybody use it?

PLUGGA

Likes Dirt
We have the OK baby as well, but with the downtube mount rather than the stem mount. Didnt fit on a road bar cross bike, but fits fine on the flatbar general use/loan MTB. Little man loves it, and keeps reaching forward to try to steer.
The stem mount makes it quiet easy to remove the seat too, which I'm wrapped about. Yeah, I was amazed at how much she loved it. The faster we went, the bigger her smile was! Awesome.

SF Trailboy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The stem mount makes it quiet easy to remove the seat too, which I'm wrapped about. Yeah, I was amazed at how much she loved it. The faster we went, the bigger her smile was! Awesome.
My daughter has just gotten to the point of being able to change gears on command - she is nearly 3. It's amazing how much you don't get of thIs types of interactions when they are behind you. Enjoy the time mate they grow out of them Quick!

the drizzle

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I know there are better front mounted carriers out there but my son is a big boy and the other seats seem to be rated to 15kg as opposed to 18kg on the weeride.

Anyway I mounted it to the steerer by replacing some headset spacers with a bearing and clamping the weeride bar to the bearing using longer bolts with the clamp.

Could be useful for somebody else as not many modern bikes have room to clamp to the frame.

Sent from my Mi 9T using Tapatalk

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
I know there are better front mounted carriers out there but my son is a big boy and the other seats seem to be rated to 15kg as opposed to 18kg on the weeride.

Anyway I mounted it to the steerer by replacing some headset spacers with a bearing and clamping the weeride bar to the bearing using longer bolts with the clamp.

Could be useful for somebody else as not many modern bikes have room to clamp to the frame.

@the drizzle, what size bearing? I may need to use this hack with child #2 who is larger than child #1!

slowmick

38-39"

that's very clever. Ours never got much use - my daughter never really got into it.

the drizzle

Likes Bikes and Dirt
@the drizzle, what size bearing? I may need to use this hack with child #2 who is larger than child #1!
I used a 29mm ID bearing from a bearing store and made a shim by cutting up a Bundy can.

They didn't have anything in with a 1 1/8" ID. If I have an old headset I would have used a bearing from that.

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
I used a 29mm ID bearing from a bearing store and made a shim by cutting up a Bundy can.

They didn't have anything in with a 1 1/8" ID. If I have an old headset I would have used a bearing from that.

Great idea, thanks. I should have a cactus headset bearing somewhere.

Sent from my SM-J250G using Tapatalk

mas2

Likes Bikes and Dirt

Great idea. Instead I let mine rub straight through the paintwork and scratch it all up.

Isildur

The Real Pedant
Bloody brilliant, I can't believe I didn't think of that. Instead I got a mate to 3D Print an external spacer for me, pretty much the same as what WeeRide in the US used to offer as a $5 part. The old headset bearings though seem like a great option, as the 3D printed spacer binds every now and then and isn't completely smooth.

Jim Junkie

Used to sell drugs, now he just takes them
Big fan of the yepp mini as well. So nice to be able to converse and point things out to each other. Really sad my daughter has just out grown ours...
+1 for the Yepp Mini up front. Both kids loved it and would have great cruises around. I tried a back mount once on a rental and had to deal with the constant whinges from the little fella up back complaining he couldn't see (fair enough I say).

Crashes, well I never went full-on mtb with it, but the bike did take a tumble once or twice. Wasn't really an issue as he was strapped in with a helmet and the handle bars always hit first, as it was mounted to them.

Mounting was a (small) challenge. I couldn't have the bar from seat tube to head tube as there headtube had no space to mount. I went for the stem mount, but the u-bolt onto the stem didn't work as I had a 70mm stem with a square profile. I ended up bending up my own bar to the right diameter & adding some thread to the bottom to make my own u-bolt.

The stem mount does restrict steering a little bit, as the leg extensions for the kid run into the steerer. No issue if you're competent on the bike & expecting it, but something my wife wasn't comfortable with.
Another issue for my wife was reaching around the kids. You need broader shoulders and longer arms to make that work comfortably. Not an issue for me & never felt they were in the way though.

In combo with a balance bike, you can't go wrong. We'd right out there with the little guy under his own steam, then when he gets tired, put him in the seat with the bike on the back & head home. Many great times. He was obviously quite comfortable & relaxed in it too & loved the wind in his face.

I had used a trailer set up with the first, but had all sorts of problems with it being wider than the bike, not being comfortable for him & kicking up dirt off my wheel. IMO, the front see is much better overall & far more versatile.