Totally Over Magpies

stirk

Burner
It's been a warm winter so it begins early!

Good luck humans, me I'm friends with them, never a swoop. My secret to peace is I warble to them.

This wind will destroy a few nests though.

Last edited:

Art Vanderlay

Hourly daily
I copped a half arsed swoop on the weekend.
Luckily most of my riding is at night and they don't swoop in the dark.....not me anyway.

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
A helmet with eye and ear protection should do the job... a full face with goggles should do it... then the little buggers can go nuts.

fridgie

Likes Dirt
Got swooped twice last time out on the roadie, same friggin spot... (i ride a loop) bastard is right near my gf's parents place, enough of an excuse not to visit if you ask me

slowmick

38-39"
Here's a pic from about 3 weeks ago, my second one of the day, first one was doing some helmet tapping but it was on a main road and too busy to take a selfie... this bloke was just whispering a warning in my ear.
that's awesome. you are a better man than i :thumb:

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Had a few snap's at my ears on today's ride too. Looking old in the pic, a quicky after a round of nightshifts, grey beard must have made ole maggie take it easy on me.

Honestly I dont mind them... the only one I didn't like was the "Brighton Butcher" her in rAdelaide, he disappeared in 2015 but was absolutely ruthless... first notion you had of him was your ear lobe being mauled, blood drawn, no warning... he was a bastard.

I could make a collage of magpie selfies, might post a few more on here.

stirk

Burner
Had a few snap's at my ears on today's ride too. Looking old in the pic, a quicky after a round of nightshifts, grey beard must have made ole maggie take it easy on me.

Honestly I dont mind them... the only one I didn't like was the "Brighton Butcher" her in rAdelaide, he disappeared in 2015 but was absolutely ruthless... first notion you had of him was your ear lobe being mauled, blood drawn, no warning... he was a bastard.

I could make a collage of magpie selfies, might post a few more on here.
Please do send in more photos!

You look like you're enjoying a little peck on the cheek.

There used to be one on Lake burley Griffin that attacked from front on. Damn Kamikaze bird

It way down near the hospice near duntroon.

That thing was nasty.

Sent from my HTC_0P6B using Tapatalk

link1896

Mr Greenfield
10 meters from my front door at home, the same bastard as last year got me just now. Wasn't ready for it, headphones in, music cranking and whack!

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
My 6 year old daughter was a victim today. We were riding on the bike track on the way to the Knox BMX track and she was well out in front as she usually is and the next time she stopped she told me about the birdy wanting to talk to her by tapping on her helmet.... She though it was great, needless to say there was no magpie to skin contact!

fridgie

Likes Dirt
Saw a little kid at the gap on Sunday, stopped still just staring at the magpie on the fence about 4ft away... Figured the poor bugger had just been swooped and was a bit scared. Maggie squawked at him and he jumped off his bike with his hands in the air surrendering lol.

Was just about to pull over and help him when someone brandishing a large stick came to his rescue.

haltz

Likes Dirt
IMG_1450.JPG
IMG_1449.JPG
This guy has been chasing me for 3 springs now, I think he likes me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk