Trump..... (The Sophistry Thread)

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
aaaand the schadenfreude levels just keep on rising! Stephen Miller's just tested positive. Couldn't have happened to a nicer fuckhead.

Question: will there actually be anyone left to campaign for the orange one in a week's time or will it be down to menstruating fearing Pence, Donny Jnr and a large bag of blow?
I'm more interested in how many GOP senators have the virus. I know of 3 positive cases so far which makes confirmation hearings very dicey. Just need another one or two to make it certain.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
I'm more interested in how many GOP senators have the virus. I know of 3 positive cases so far which makes confirmation hearings very dicey. Just need another one or two to make it certain.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
Yep... it's currently looking sketchy af for those hearings going ahead - and it's starting to look a bit like the Garrett announcement was the superspreader event too.

Honestly if there's been a bigger karmic backlash I've yet to see it.

Ackland

chats d'élevage
Odds are getting better that even IF Trump has dodged a bullet by not becoming properly ill, ONE of these other COVIDIOTS will.

How will he spin someone in close proximity being hooked up to a ventilator?

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
Could this affect the SCOTUS appointment?
Possibly but unfortunately the Senate majority can likely set the procedural rules for the confirmation - including holding hearings/votes virtually so that COVID-positive senators can still participate.

tubby74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
How will he spin someone in close proximity being hooked up to a ventilator?
same way he has with everyone else who turned on his crap. never liked that guy (even though i said he was great yesterday). totally incompetent (even though he hired them). only got this as they were weak.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
That Trump has stalled stimulous package negotiations until his reelection while pushing through his court nominee is a superior level of cunt.
Superior level of fucking stupidity too. Stock market's taken a dive on the news, and it'll no doubt have an effect on the next economic figures - which are due like 2 days before the election.

The man simply cannot see consequences more than 5 minutes ahead.

moorey

call me Mia
Could this affect the SCOTUS appointment?
Won't necessarily, but possibly could.....at least delay it until after the election, then when he loses, it might be a wake up call for a few senators. There are at least 3 GOP senators now with COVID, and a couple who were already likely to defect...but as above, won't necessarily stop a vote....

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Be interesting if Biden posts what a Democrat stimulous package would be under his presidency. Stimulous pissing contest might be entertaining.

moorey

call me Mia
Be interesting if Biden posts what a Democrat stimulous package would be under his presidency. Stimulous pissing contest might be entertaining.
Dems are always more likely to propose a genuine stimulus package. Republicans only really want tax cuts for corporations and the 1%....you know, the old trickle down lie.