Tubeless setup

bear the bear

Is a real bear
I think I bought my compressor from supercheap about 4 years ago, no issues. Just make sure you get one with a decent size tank. Mate has one and is always round using mine on stubborn tires as the tank is too small on his.

indica

Serial flasher
Alright, soaped the rim and it worked, bead popped. Little leak from valve, tightened that, broke the internal bit off the fucking valve.
F. Me, replaced the valve.....
Think I have sorted it.

Feel like I have done 5,000 pushups,

moorey

call me Mia
I use a tank style when compressor doesn’t do the job. They’re bonza. Mine is Beto...rebranded Azur and 1/2 the price.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
I got a 21L compressor from Repco 7-8yrs ago for $89... still inflates every tyre I put on tubeless.

The trick is to make sure your hose has no restrictions, no reducers and nothing making the flow of air smaller than the valve stem, remove the core everytime and blast it through... 99 times out of 100 the tubeless setup has no chance of not inflating, though soapy water may be required for stiff creased tyres on some rims... mostly that other 1% is roadie shit.

EDIT: Exact one... $209 - Bloody inflation :oops: https://www.repco.com.au/en/tools-e...r-direct-drive-2-0hp-21l-an2021h-1/p/A5379882

Last edited:

natskis

Likes Bikes
I just use a co2 canister on any tyre i cant get to seal up with a floor pump. usually use a 25g one with a inflator that has a valve on it, can get 3 or 4 tires from each one. Just use it to pop the beads started on then pump up as per usual.
mate has one of these and it seems to do the job well.
https://www.specialized.com/au/en/a...fti2sQz2w_gE8A08KxchYqKv79z0WzvhoCJt4QAvD_BwE
This was my method.
I ended up buying a compressor from Bunnings and stupidly didn't have the prestier valve adapter.
Ended up just sacrificing some CO2 canisters to the tubeless bead sealing gods.
Worth it. Esp seeing as you can get them pretty cheap nowdays from either ebay or if you don't trust the ones there, bicyclesonline

c3024446

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Step: 1 Joe Blow Mountain
If this fails.....
Step 2: Airshot
Never failed - even managed to blow up some very loose X-Kings onto a non-tubeless rim with this thing.

moorey

call me Mia
Step: 1 Joe Blow Mountain
If this fails.....
Step 2: Airshot
Never failed - even managed to blow up some very loose X-Kings onto a non-tubeless rim with this thing.
And if all this fails, also wrap a strap around the whole tyre and pull it tight, then airshot/air tank/compressor. Last resort, always works.

FigBo0T

Puts verniers on his headtube
Petrol station air pumps (the digital/lcd display type) have a 'flat tyre inflate' function. It gives 4 shots. You only need part of one shot. Don't clip on ...... useless for inflating though. Apparently they need a certain volume of air to detect pressure. I use it to check punctures, and have seated a skidsteer tyre this way.

moorey

call me Mia
Petrol station air pumps (the digital/lcd display type) have a 'flat tyre inflate' function. It gives 4 shots. You only need part of one shot. Don't clip on ...... useless for inflating though. Apparently they need a certain volume of air to detect pressure. I use it to check punctures, and have seated a skidsteer tyre this way.
Have used on bike tyres successfully.