Tweet Tweet

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
[QUOTE="komdotkom, post: 3432321, member: 68919"
[*]Cables are routed under the bottom bracket which I'm not a massive fan of because there is no mechanism to retain the outer a nice cable loop. I'll have to make something so that the cables don't wander around under suspension compression resulting in unwanted rear mech cable.[/QUOTE]

Something like this might work..

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
They’re some stout looking seat stays and chain stays. I reckon having the split in the seat tube facing forward is good - less likely to get mud splattered into it.
Haha, +1.

I was thinking the same thing!

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Cheers mate, I'll see if I've got some delrin lying around to make a spacer with - that's not a bad solution. Not sure about the 38mm though!
Think they went with 38mm because of bad cable rub issues.. Probably only need a loop long enough at full compression..

Ackland

chats d'élevage
They’re some stout looking seat stays and chain stays. I reckon having the split in the seat tube facing forward is good - less likely to get mud splattered into it.
Yep - spin the seatpost clamp to match
Haha, +1.
I was thinking the same thing!
Supposedly you get much more even clamping force if the clamp bolt opposes the split, therefore, front split, rear bolt.

LPG

likes thicc birds
You animal, that's some sort of hate crime.
The bird clamps are designed for the split forward and look/work well. No dirt in the seat tube is great!

Turn the other one around, it will work best with the slits lined up otherwise you need a bit of sliding between the frame and the clamp to work properly

Last edited:

LPG

likes thicc birds
So how does it ride? Surely you have been hucking it off some sick curbs and other lockdown appropriate terrain?

komdotkom

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'm sold, its a ripper.
Some more fiddling with the shock settings and I'll be pretty happy. I think it needs just a bit more low speed comp and rebound but it was really compliant and pedalled nicely.
I've been on a hard tail for six weeks which may influence my opinion but its got that magic carpet feeling downhill and just enough anti squat uphill.
Heading to Smiths tomorrow for another ride, will fiddle with the shock some more.

komdotkom

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Another 30km on this today and I'm still pretty stoked. The bars are a poofteenth too wide and there's a rattle I suspect is the internal cable routing. It got a bit exciting when the NDS crank arm came off, I really need to work out wtf happened there.

This thing just makes you ride like a fuck wit, it's awesome. Although I'm old and close to blind I'm reasonably quick down hill on trails I know, but I've never been able to 'roost' corners at will but now every corner it's tail out and opposite lock. Super easy to manual and pops off everything. It's still got the magic carpet feeling but pedals better than I could have hoped for, I can't see my Paradox doing many kms in the future.

In summary, this could be my only bike. There, I've said it.

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
Hadn't really looked at these before, but certainly seems like a nice geo.

The XL is bloody gigantic, the large pretty much matches my XL Paradox and Highlander.

Great to hear yore so impressed.