Underage Drinking....

meelen dh

Likes Dirt
tom, you smoke at school...
Guess you havent heard...

Im stopping completely, been cold turkey for a week now and im even starting to feel better. To EVERYONE out there thinking that they may take it up (DONT!!!), smoking is not cool, its a gay habit that i should have never taken up, it kills you, makes you unfit, extremely unfit, you will loose friends cause of it (I have). It damages your imune system, which makes its alot easier for you to get sick. And i dont know about you, but i hate getting sick and vomiting every week... A completely stupid habbit. Once you start and get hooked it very hard to stop, trust me.

So yeah dom, im stopping, and not going to even think about putting a cigg near my mouth again.

Last edited:

BansheeTwoTwelve

Likes Dirt
Guess you havent heard...

Im stopping completely, been cold turkey for a week now and im even starting to feel better. To EVERYONE out there thinking that they may take it up (DONT!!!), smoking is not cool, its a gay habit that i should have never taken up, it kills you, makes you unfit, extremely unfit, you will loose friends cause of it (I have). It damages your imune system, which makes its alot easier for you to get sick. And i dont know about you, but i hate getting sick and vomiting every week... A completely stupid habbit. Once you start and get hooked it very hard to stop, trust me.

So yeah dom, im stopping, and not going to even think about putting a cigg near my mouth again.

Good point, I started 2 or so years ago, glad I quit, What made me stop was I went riding with some mates, they alll got the top of this hill without stopping, I couldnt, and by the time I did I could hardly breathe. I smoked, the didnt. Not to mension the amount of cash it cost me over time.

In regards to drinking underage, its not realy a problem for most teens, if a bunch of 16 year olds get together and have a few drinks it is usally fine. Its just the dumb fucks out the that get smashed and act like hooligans, thats the reason for the whole " Dont drink under 18" thing. Im not saying that having drinks with mates under 18 is a good thing, im not condoning it, its illigal: but if some kids do, they get home in one peice and dont cause any trouble I dont see a problem.

However if a bunch of underage kids (or over 18's) were reaking havoc drunk in my street, I would be the first to tell them to fuck off, and call the cops.

adman

Likes Dirt
I'm 16 year 6 months. Things are odd for me, since I'm supposed to be in grade 10, yet I'm in grade 11. When people were my age (last year) they got drunk on very rare occassions, but often going to parties and drinking.

However, even though I'm now that age, every weekend all my mates go out to parties - I've never been drunk, but it's odd - the pressure to go to parties and get wasted is pretty high.

Personnaly (and I'm an odd one!) I'd rather have a good night, go to bed at midnight and go riding on sunday, rather than complaining at 1pm on Sunday that I have a headache and can't be bothered.

Just my view - I'm in no hurry!

J

JaRedy

However, even though I'm now that age, every weekend all my mates go out to parties - I've never been drunk, but it's odd - the pressure to go to parties and get wasted is pretty high.
That's interesting. I'm 17-10 months and there is almost no pressure.
I've been drinking once, after that I decided I will wait until I'm 18, makes that 18th and the following week oh so much better. I do have a craving here and there, expecialy when my dad's mates are having a drink in the lounge room and I'm doing work in the study as the smell wafts in, but there's no issue in getting over it.

I never ever see pressure towards other friends either. If somebody doesnt want a drink, there's no ongoing encouragment, it's a simple "whatever" or "meh" and life goes on.
Becuase of this I find it really hard to take seriously what the police say about peer pressure etc, becuase I just don't see it happen.

Lanky Love

Likes Dirt
Whats even worse, is when a) when you never get asked for ID and you realise you could have been going out to clubs, b) when you find that there was no need to want to go out clubbing, RnB and thugs aren't all that fun and c) when your riding home drunk and a cop car drives by, at first you laugh, then you realise you can actualy get in serious trouble now, that was the worst feeling.

hucker_boy

weekly chode
im 17 and 7 months and when i was 16 to 17 i was always getting wasted and more but then one drunken night sitting with some friends i thought to myself what is the point in this i should be riding and doing something with my life but no im being a dickhead instead, ever since that wake up call i have been limiting myself and now never really do it. its just a message for my fellow teens, u dont need it and all your really doing is messing your life up in the long term so you should just smarten up and grow up!!

Mattydv

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'm 16 year 6 months. Things are odd for me, since I'm supposed to be in grade 10, yet I'm in grade 11. When people were my age (last year) they got drunk on very rare occassions, but often going to parties and drinking.

Yeah that's interesting. A girl that i'm really close with is 16, and she's just finished year 12 this year. Every weekend she's out partying with us, yet she's aware of her age and acts slightly more responsible.

I didn't really have anywhere to go with that I guess, just got me thinking if being in an advanced year is indicative of a maturity that the rest of us lack, rather than just academic ability.

:eek: