Vasectomy

mtb1611

Seymour
I've had one. We have 3.5 year old twin boys and had the snip when they were 6 months old. e'd always wanted two children. Their simultaneous arrival brought (with the love a joy etc) much upheaval and a consequently strong reminder that the 2 children we wanted would NOT be getting any siblings! When they were born I was 34 and my wife 39 so we're not exactly spring chickens ourselves, so I made the decision to go snipperoo. Two males is enough to aid in perpetuation of surname and species too:D

I had mine done under a local anaesthetic; one very large needle in the grsitle either side of the base of the penis, and I nice sharp pointy one directly into the scrotum. If you can put up with a few seconds of pain for each of those, then local is definitely the way to go. I went in originally to have a general anasthetic but the nurse told me recovery after a local was much quicker; given that I had m work Xmas do 3 days later, local got the nod.

The actual procedure itself took only about 10 minutes. Pretty simple, with the added bonus of dicscovering what the burning contents of one's scrotum smell like. The doc makes a very small incision, cuts out a piece of tubing (he held it up for me, looked like a tiny piece of freshly boiled spaghetti). Then a couple of stitches, an hour in recovery, then back home. We live 30 min from the hospital; we left home at 8:30am and got back at midday.

Scortum bruises up pretty nastily, not a good look! Stitches dissolved after about a week, have 25 wanks then go and get your swimmers checked; if they're drowning you're all done, if they're still swimming........game on again.

Hope this info helps!

axertes

Likes Dirt
have 25 wanks then go and get your swimmers checked; if they're drowning you're all done, if they're still swimming........game on again.
Ok, this might be a bit graphic for some, and if you're uncomfortable answering that's ok, but I'm really curious...

when you cum, the semen is the clear stuff, and the thick white bits are the actual sperm right? When you have a vasectomy, do you still get the thick bits?

I plan on getting one after I have 2 kids.

CP

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Argh - oh sh!t!! This thread has really become graphic, what a cak. I've also just had twin boys, although we're not certain we won't have more just yet. 32yo, I reckon if we don't by 35 then I'm heading in for one.

Why wouldn't you once you've made that decision?

I have a mate in the same boat, so we'll probably go in together for support :)

So how long until you're back in the bike saddle, that's the important thing!! I'll get mine done in the winter :D

mtb1611

Seymour
Ok, this might be a bit graphic for some, and if you're uncomfortable answering that's ok, but I'm really curious...

when you cum, the semen is the clear stuff, and the thick white bits are the actual sperm right? When you have a vasectomy, do you still get the thick bits?

I plan on getting one after I have 2 kids.
No difference in the appearance of the "load" mate! In all seriousness, I've been through it all and I have no probs answering any questions regarding the procedure and after-effects. If people are embarrassed to ask in public, PM me.

Seriously though, if you've had children and are absolutely positive that you don't wish to have any more, go the snip. It's far less complicated and much less painful than asking your wife/partner to endure a hystorectomy (sic?).

nizai

Likes Dirt
Couple of questions. How much pain is involved in the recovery, few days of sitting down gently?

And what are doctors opinions and recommendations on couples that have no kids wanting to do the snip? Because we dont want kids and im considering going the snip within a couple of years to get the girl off the pill (which isnt good for you when you take it for long periods of time).

Any other DINK's done the snip?

N

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
How much pain is involved in the recovery, few days of sitting down gently?
I couldn't walk properly for a week. Other blokes I've known have been back at work the next day. It completely depends on the individual.

When I went back fro my checkup after a week, I was starting to think something had gone wrong because I still had so much pain and swelling. But the doctor said it was all completely normal, and a few days after that I was right as rain.

scblack

Leucocholic
Couple of questions. How much pain is involved in the recovery, few days of sitting down gently?
No pain whatsoever in recovery for me. None.

Other than some pressure in the procedure, or from the needles, no pain anytime.

You can ride a bike safely after six weeks I think it was.

nizai

Likes Dirt

Other than some pressure in the procedure, or from the needles, no pain anytime.

You can ride a bike safely after six weeks I think it was.
SIX WEEKS?!!?!?

God damn, if I dont ride for 4 days due to rain I go batty.

Me thinks i'll be doing this in the middle of the year rather than peak riding season :D

N

slip

Beefcake...BEEFCAKE!!!
I had mine done when I was 21. No kids.

Why? I don't want kids. I'm too honest about what is important to me, and kids would negatively affect those things.

It's great, but be VERY careful about who you tell, especially women, especially potential female partners. It has an amazing effect on them, it can totally switch off any desire for you because you cannot reproduce. Still shagged em, but you could tell what was happening in their head. Probably not so much of an issue for the older crowd, but 20's and 30's - be careful.

Same answer, no change.

My balls hurt for quite a while. Getting it done by a 132 year old guy who's been doing them since the 60's or 70's and cannot see well enough to know what an electrician is showing him when explaining how a switch works MIGHT have something to do with it. That's not a metaphor, an electrician I know went to him and tried to show him what was wrong with a switch.

Fuck you. I could feel the pulling on my insides during the procedure.

Another guy I know got it done but they corterised (spelling?) instead of stitching the ends and he was extremely mobile and pain free next day.

ok, so im 25. no kids and have no interest in having any. ever. for so many reasons.
very interested in getting the chop, but thought id wait a few years before deciding for sure. been several years now and am as decided on it as ever. i haven't actually been in to talk to a doc about it seriously yet, and haven't known anyone who has had it done that i could ask about it all.
so far this thread has made me want to go in and settle it once and for all, that is except for the bit about smelling burning scrotum.

So i haven't really researched it thoroughly, have just been keen on the idea. is there anything else that i should know apart from initial pain and swelling during and following the procedure? any ongoing problems or side effects? its not any more senitive to pain down there than it is already, is it?

thanks

indica

Serial flasher
It's far less complicated and much less painful than asking your wife/partner to endure a hystorectomy (sic?).
Hell yes, and a lot safer than the pill/hormone thing too ...

Because we dont want kids and im considering going the snip within a couple of years to get the girl off the pill
If you are sure mate, do it! I love my kids, but I can understand where you are coming from.

Fuck you. I could feel the pulling on my insides during the procedure.

Another guy I know got it done but they corterised (spelling?) instead of stitching the ends and he was extremely mobile and pain free next day.
I went to a GP. In and out in 15 minutes, I drove home and worked - as a chef 2 days later.
Hurt like hell - for about 2 seconds ... I thought my guts were being pulled out.
The whole lot was very purple for 2 weeks, but, very happy I did it.

indica

Serial flasher
any ongoing problems or side effects? its not any more senitive to pain down there than it is already, is it?
No. You shoot blanks - I was told after 14 loads .... There is some chance of a re join after a year ... so you can give a sample a year in ...

All good, do it.

And Craig, if you read this .... DO IT!

slip

Beefcake...BEEFCAKE!!!
I had it mid holidays, and was still walking like a crab a week later when I returned to work. That shit gets picked up asap in a car yard, there was no hiding it.

When you get your jizz checked out to make sure you're sperm free, it has to be done in a tight window of time. I got to QML just after the guy left on his run to the testing place. She called him back, in front of everyone... "No it's a sperm sample, it's gotta go, can you come back for it!" All eyes on slip. Got out of there quick smart.

indica

Serial flasher
She called him back, in front of everyone... "No it's a sperm sample, it's gotta go, can you come back for it!" All eyes on slip. Got out of there quick smart.
Yeah, weirdest feeling ever, handing over your spooge sample ....

mtb1611

Seymour

And what are doctors opinions and recommendations on couples that have no kids wanting to do the snip? Because we dont want kids and im considering going the snip within a couple of years to get the girl off the pill (which isnt good for you when you take it for long periods of time).

Any other DINK's done the snip?

N
The only pain I had was a feeling of having a bruised scrotum (funny that). Was just a dull pain, actually it was more mildly irritating than it was painful. I went back to work the next day as I was experiencing no discomfort whatsoever (including when walking or sitting) and was back on the bike after about 5 days; despite the lack of pain I didn't want to push the envelope in this regard.

The procedure is reversible, although apparently this option is considerably more painful than the initial procedure.