Vasectomy

nizai

Likes Dirt
Can I just say, what a great thread. Refreshingly honest and full of good info for those of us pre-snipped.

Thanks fellas.

N

mike-

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Good thread, I'm surprised such a topic lasted in this forum.

On topic, but slightly irrelivant:

When my sister was in year 1, my old man had the snip. So anywho, dad goes in to pick her up from school one day when her teacher asked my dad how he was feeling? He's like what you mean? Then the teacher explained for 'show and tell' today my sister had told the class about how he had his 'daddy seeds' taken out. Gotta love kids :rolleyes:

slip

Beefcake...BEEFCAKE!!!
Dude no! And yes I want one but Jasmin said no.
Are you seriously letting someone else make this decision for you?

The poor doc tried everything to get out of doing mine due to my age. The fact that I was quite obviously doing it for myself, regardless of what any female wanted got me over the line.

It's your body, do what you want with it man. Doc said all the problem cases he had were with guys doing it/not doing it because the woman said so.

CP

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Geez, 21yo? Full respect, but I've got to say (to any other 21yo thinking about it) that I was the most anti-kid man on the planet. When I was 30yo I started to let my wife's conversations about it actually get through. My mates with kids were like "yeah man do it, you'll love it" but all I could think of was screaming kids at restaurants and that :).

Now I've got kids, I can't remember what I did before they were born. They've added a whole new dimension that is indescribable. I'm still not a huge fan of kids, but I'm the hugest fan of MY kids. They're the first thing I think of when I wake up and the last thing I think of when I go to bed.

And it doesn't mean all the fun ends. I'm still riding as often as ever. Still have my boys' nights. Still ride motorbikes. I haven't had to give up a thing. It can be done unless you're whipped :)

And as for the 6 weeks comment, sheesh that IS a long time off the bike. And I commute on a motorbike so what would I do! Maybe I'll wait until if I'm ever in hospital for another reason and will ask them to add vasectomy to the operation list!

pyrop

Likes Bikes
Are you seriously letting someone else make this decision for you?

The poor doc tried everything to get out of doing mine due to my age. The fact that I was quite obviously doing it for myself, regardless of what any female wanted got me over the line.

It's your body, do what you want with it man. Doc said all the problem cases he had were with guys doing it/not doing it because the woman said so.
I agree you have to want to do it yourself, ESPECIALLY if the missus wants you to do it.
If you don't want to do it, DON'T.
And be prepared for 101 questions from the doctor about why you want it done, your family, what your dog eats for breakfast etc etc perticuly if your under 30.

The doctor will like it if you book a month or more ahead too. Gives you time to backout you see.

BTW it isn't the scrotum you smell burning it's the ends of the vas deferens being corderized.
I know the "smell of scrotum burning" has more of a :eek: factor though, but that feeling that your guts is being pulled out though you balls is a weird one!

Only had a mild amount of swelling & minimal bruising. I had pain for about 2 days (3 out of 10) & was uncumfortable for about a week. I wasn't riding at the time but would have been at least 4 weeks before I could get on a bike.
But don't forget everyone is different, some can go to work the next day, most the next week, but in very, very few cases next month.

I didn't exactly have a cumfortable ride home from the doctor though as the missus must have hit every pothole on the way home.
Bag of frozen peas 10 mins on 10 mins off for the first couple of hours does wonders.

Paul:D

Last edited:

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
I didn't exactly a cumfortable ride home from the doctor though as the missus must have hit every pothole on the way home.
Yeah, my local wore off about half way home, and I think the car I was riding in still has my handprint embedded in the door trim.

axertes

Likes Dirt
Jeez Slip, I find it admirable that at 21 you were mature and resolute enough to make that decision.

Me... I'm 23 and I want kids... just not yet.

And thanks for your answers about the 'chunky bits' in your cum dudes. I feel really naive right now.

Yowie

Likes Dirt
So she wants kids but you don't?

Yeah, that's not gonna cause conflict down the track.
No we already have two beautiful kids, a boy and a girl. My issue with having three kids is your only one mistake away from owing a tarago. As it is I am only a few months away from finally getting an evo lancer, don't want to see that dream slip away again!

indica

Serial flasher
No we already have two beautiful kids, a boy and a girl. My issue with having three kids is your only one mistake away from owing a tarago. As it is I am only a few months away from finally getting an evo lancer, don't want to see that dream slip away again!
How old are your kids?
I love mine, but I also don't want to be 55 by the time I can turf them out ... that is one part of the reason for me doing it - I had it done in Cairns, bulk-billed, 15 minutes...