Wc round 3, fort william.

morticus

Likes Dirt
+1 would like to know

Also manon destroyed the womens field by over 10 seconds.

Edit
Is bryceland protected? otherwise his out.
Bryceland is protected, and with Sam Dale rounding out Qualies, Needles has just missed out on making the race. Some speculation over at Pinkbike that Bryceland and Dale (best mates) know something about the weather later in the day... Interested to see if Troy can keep up his form leading into the race...

On another note, I always wondered about the amount of effort put into Qualies, but I spoke to Brendog in the pits in Cairns and he assured me that everyone is still giving it 110%, because points are up for grabs in Qualies as well as the main event. They are substantial too if you can come in 1st.

Odissius

Likes Dirt
Couple of surprises in those qualifying results, hope Troy wins it!!! Be rad to see Troy and Sam 1,2 or vice versa.

driftking

Wheel size expert
Bryceland is protected, and with Sam Dale rounding out Qualies, Needles has just missed out on making the race. Some speculation over at Pinkbike that Bryceland and Dale (best mates) know something about the weather later in the day... Interested to see if Troy can keep up his form leading into the race...

On another note, I always wondered about the amount of effort put into Qualies, but I spoke to Brendog in the pits in Cairns and he assured me that everyone is still giving it 110%, because points are up for grabs in Qualies as well as the main event. They are substantial too if you can come in 1st.
yeah Its always interesting but riders manage to come down at time a good 5seconds faster than qualifying.
Its like they hold back but if everyone was holding back you could just have a race run and win qualifying easily than. I think they give 100% but maybe they have some sneaky lines they save for the race, if you play all your cards in quali you don't have that buffer.

morticus

Likes Dirt
I'd rather be 5 seconds up in QF and having the rest of the field wondering wtf is going on

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

heavyp

You heard it here first
I wonder why Sam is not racing/wearing the usual Pink bike/kit this year at fort bill, maybe saving it for another race as maybe Nukeproof don't want to be giving away a prototype 27.5 bike at the moment !?!

driftking

Wheel size expert
I wonder why Sam is not racing/wearing the usual Pink bike/kit this year at fort bill, maybe saving it for another race as maybe Nukeproof don't want to be giving away a prototype 27.5 bike at the moment !?!

I didn't even pick up on that. Good point. Bike would make sense. But no reason they can't do a kit and standard bike give away. I'm sure they can make it special somehow. He will be on the prototype all season so not sure when they could realistically do it unless they manage to get the bike dialed before season end.

dirt lover

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I didn't even pick up on that. Good point. Bike would make sense. But no reason they can't do a kit and standard bike give away. I'm sure they can make it special somehow. He will be on the prototype all season so not sure when they could realistically do it unless they manage to get the bike dialed before season end.
He did it at Val di Sole last year so not always a Ft William thing even though that's how it's usually been.

heavyp

You heard it here first
He did it at Val di Sole last year so not always a Ft William thing even though that's how it's usually been.
Oh yeah silly me, totally forgot about it being there lat year, great idea anyways and I hope to see it again this year. Sam FTW.

2011:
p4pb6673916.jpg

2012:
Sam-Hill-2013-Custom-PINK-Specialized-carbon-Demo.jpg

2013:
p4pb9711679.jpg

driftking

Wheel size expert
Yeah hopefully they do it.
Its good to see him support a cause like that and use his stature to do something about it, the money is great but the exposure he is putting out there is brilliant. I think he covers an important demographic too.

The question is if they don't have the prototype finished will they do it?
It would be awesome to see them do it with a prototype imagine the selling point of a one off Sam Hill prototype never in production....

Race is soon better get the TV set up ready :)

Xavo.au

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Is your app working?

I just installed the tablet and it's not showing live - just the coming soon video.
But I'm watching live on the laptop?

morticus

Likes Dirt
When they auctioned off the carbon demo in 2012, they weren't available to the public as yet. Wouldn't surprised if the 27.5 nukeproof is on the cards

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

fridgie

Likes Dirt
Is your app working?

I just installed the tablet and it's not showing live - just the coming soon video.
But I'm watching live on the laptop?
Watching live on the app no problem here. Had to click on the watch live banner at the bottom of the screen not the picture.