Wc round 3, fort william.

Ivan

Eats Squid
The womens race was decided by flats, which sucks.

I must have fist pumped on every one of Sam's splits. Awesome. Happy for Troy too.

driftking

Wheel size expert
Had to pick troy. I have no idea why i didn't have him 1st in my picks back on page one, last night I picked him for 1st so worked out.
his the all around riders, I think we are seeing the gone are the ay of the big guys been the peddlers, with correct training anyone can pedal hard and put down good runs. personally I am small like troy and have always been a strong peddler. I think we are seeing that as training has adapted over time we are seeing the results of that, 10 years ago there was a lot less training, now young riders are training smarter and earlier and its going to start showing with the new crop of riders.

Great race, stoked to see same in 2nd but he definitely lacks the pedaling, End of the day sam has never been a peddler, he will probably be a top 20 peddler but his not up there and it hurts him, its not the first time.

Maybe he should look at adding a lock out to the rear or both front and rear controlled via 1 button, i'm surprised more guys don't have one already at this point in the sport.

Great race stoked for the aussies, sams back, troys on it, that kid is a tech rider but can pedal with the big boys, keen to see the rest of the season unfold.

Last edited:

driftking

Wheel size expert
The front wheel case didn't help Sam much, but this comparison is really just flats vs clips more so than Troy vs Sam?
No its not, this clips vs flats has been blown out of proportion.

There is more to it like pedal technique, bike set up and athlete development before clips even become a topic of discussion.

Last edited:

Odissius

Likes Dirt
Sam isn't a bad pedaller and Troy is a very good one. Awesome to see Hill beat so many guys I wouldn't have thought he'd be able to beat nowadays on a track like Fort Bill. Reckon he might get back on that top step this season and Leogang will be a pretty good opportunity to do it.
Up until Minnaar came down it seemed a little dull but that would have to be one of the best races between the final 10 riders I've seen for awhile!

morticus

Likes Dirt
I think that brief shower helped. Not to take anything away from the boys, it helped them up the top that's for sure

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
^^^Gold! Two of the best Afl loving born and bred AUSSIE champions you will find!! :whistle:

Hahahahaha! You goon. ;)

Twas a rad race, loved seeing Stevie Smith back, he is always a great entertainer.
I'll admit that I was surprised to see Troy win it, I love the fact that Sam seems to be healthy enough to be hitting the top step, here's hoping he grabs some stripes this year.

scblack

Leucocholic
Awesome race! I watched the replay last night.

I also picked the two winners on the Vital contest (with only a couple of others) , so I may have won some SRAM XX1 drivetrain gear - woohoo!

Big JD

Wheel size expert
what a race

the top 6 hardly put a foot wrong and it seemed to really come down to the pedally bottom section as that was where it was lost. Harts lines were cool and Smiths larger wheels seemed to power through the chunk. Sam Bleaky was super quick till a flat tyre. The session is wide open- so happy for Sam and Troy and Connor F (also rode well).

B Rabbit

Likes Bikes and Dirt
There was a vid up from Saturday practice, they were interviewing Troy and he was talking about how he put on 6-8kg of muscle in the off season. No wonder he dominated the sprint at the end. He looks so unassuming but.

Best race of the year by far.

F*cking awesome.

dunndog

Eats Squid
There was a vid up from Saturday practice, they were interviewing Troy and he was talking about how he put on 6-8kg of muscle in the off season. No wonder he dominated the sprint at the end. He looks so unassuming but.

Best race of the year by far.

F*cking awesome.
He does look unassuming, he's probably nudging 70kg now. Good on him, he's put the work in, done the hard yards, but most of all he appreciates every minute of what he's doing and enjoying his riding. He deserves every success that comes his way. Brilliant.

driftking

Wheel size expert
Hahahahaha! You goon. ;)

Twas a rad race, loved seeing Stevie Smith back, he is always a great entertainer.
I'll admit that I was surprised to see Troy win it, I love the fact that Sam seems to be healthy enough to be hitting the top step, here's hoping he grabs some stripes this year.
Why the surprise with troy?
I thought it was a sure thing well as sure as you can be in dh. The only thing I was worried about was the last man down pressure.

He has ways been good at rough technical trails and his form this year has jumped up massively, his fitness and pedalling ability was clear in SA and cairns.