What are you listening to NOW?

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
The Prodigy's new album came out today; No Tourists. They've already let us hear a few tunes of the album and one of them isn't their best work but shit the bed, the rest of the stuff is pretty damn good!
I really enjoyed Slipknot's first few albums and haven't paid too much attention lately but out of the blue, they dropped a new track yesterday called "All out life" Its okay but missing something, sounds..........mundane even.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
The Prodigy's new album came out today; No Tourists. They've already let us hear a few tunes of the album and one of them isn't their best work but shit the bed, the rest of the stuff is pretty damn good!
I really enjoyed Slipknot's first few albums and haven't paid too much attention lately but out of the blue, they dropped a new track yesterday called "All out life" Its okay but missing something, sounds..........mundane even.
Easy there big boy! I'm struggling to imagine how anything slipknot produce is even slightly mundane? It might be good, it might shit, it might even be difficult...but mundane? It just doesn't seem possible with that sized entourage.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Easy there big boy! I'm struggling to imagine how anything slipknot produce is even slightly mundane? It might be good, it might shit, it might even be difficult...but mundane? It just doesn't seem possible with that sized entourage.
Yeah look, its tricky to describe but you'd reckon with that much shit going it it would be an organised mess but its less intriguing than most of their stuff. I'm not suggesting shit has changed the Paul Gray died or Jordison the drummer had to stop drumming but its just the same sort of stuff we're used but is from a band that said they'll be different each album.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Yeah look, its tricky to describe but you'd reckon with that much shit going it it would be an organised mess but its less intriguing than most of their stuff. I'm not suggesting shit has changed the Paul Gray died or Jordison the drummer had to stop drumming but its just the same sort of stuff we're used but is from a band that said they'll be different each album.
Ahhhh...so it's loosing the innovation? Is this a bit like Fear Factory talking up the (apparently) monumental musical progress between Demanufacture and Obsolete, only to (after sooooooooooo freaking long) release an album that was pretty similar music just completed with a much higher production standard?

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
Ahhhh...so it's loosing the innovation? Is this a bit like Fear Factory talking up the (apparently) monumental musical progress between Demanufacture and Obsolete, only to (after sooooooooooo freaking long) release an album that was pretty similar music just completed with a much higher production standard?
Damn, I didn't mind Digimortal.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Damn, I didn't mind Digimortal.
They dropped off my radar with obsolete, so I've no idea what any of the music after that is really like. It may be the most amazing tunes ever to fill the digisphere and you may continue to like it guilt free.

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
I'm far from a big Fear Factory fan but somehow ended up at a concert of theirs on the Digimortal tour and quite enjoyed. This song is a cracker:

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
Seeing a bit of the Barnsey movie a few weeks ago has had me going back through the Cold Chisel catalog.

This song just blows my mind for some reason:

Hamsta

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Death Pedals: Self Titled. Would recommend if you like noise punk/rock hinged upon a driving rhythm section with overflowing energy.