What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Scotty T

Walks the walk
Thredbo trip with the family, staying at Lake Crackenback. First ride my son has done in years, so we hired an e-bike for him. We did the shuttle from Crackenback and did the TVT back, son was on me all the way. Wife rode really well, our other friends loved it but kept a pretty relaxed pace on the tail end. I hurt my left ball doing a silly wheelie while waiting for the group at one point. Otherwise took our time and took In the scenery.

Scotty T

Walks the walk
The bike hire dude said he was in no hurry to get it back so I thought I'd go for a little spin. Shut up and take my money. Yes, I just said that about a 29er Specialized e-bike. I checked my temperature and I'm fine.

This thing is a beast, and I was planning a quick 5km loop around the resort single tracks and ended up riding 16.79km flat out, doing a couple of k's of the TVT towards Jindy and looped back. I took it over some little jumps on the skills track, and went looking for every rocky line I could find and other than it propelling me forward faster than i can under my own power it rode like a normal bike. This is the clincher for me, it feels like it's not an e-bike, and it's just a really nice bike to ride fast. Totally not what I expected.

The shock was a bit soft though and to add to the earlier ball on seat incident I clipped a pedal climbing and my knob went straight into the stem, thank God I had the thick chamois nicks on today!

Scotty T

Walks the walk
Were the pobblebonks at it?
Not sure on their sound, will have to look it up. A little 20cm long snake was right on the trail though, I think it was something harmless but it was a brownish colour so left it to slither off despite really wanting to pick it up and make it my little pet.

Riding the XC tracks around the bottom of Thredbo tomorrow. @hifiandmtb yes the resort single track out by the river is actually totally ace, and the little skills lines are fun, got my wife's friend to do one of the basic skinny's after a few goes and she was stoked.

Scotty T

Walks the walk
Oh almost forgot, passed a couple of absolute gumby boomers on Giant low end e-mtb's (chrome stanchions) and the woman had a flat so I slowed right down, and then noticed she had the fork on backwards! I stopped and insisted that it had to be fixed. How her husband had not noticed beggars belief, poor woman was struggling as it was, and they'd just gone through the most tech bit of the trail.

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
Oh almost forgot, passed a couple of absolute gumby boomers on Giant low end e-mtb's (chrome stanchions) and the woman had a flat so I slowed right down, and then noticed she had the fork on backwards! I stopped and insisted that it had to be fixed. How her husband had not noticed beggars belief, poor woman was struggling as it was, and they'd just gone through the most tech bit of the trail.
Bad shop builds?

Fred Nurk

No custom title here
Were you playing spot the Manitou?

rextheute

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The bike hire dude said he was in no hurry to get it back so I thought I'd go for a little spin. Shut up and take my money. Yes, I just said that about a 29er Specialized e-bike. I checked my temperature and I'm fine.

This thing is a beast, and I was planning a quick 5km loop around the resort single tracks and ended up riding 16.79km flat out, doing a couple of k's of the TVT towards Jindy and looped back. I took it over some little jumps on the skills track, and went looking for every rocky line I could find and other than it propelling me forward faster than i can under my own power it rode like a normal bike. This is the clincher for me, it feels like it's not an e-bike, and it's just a really nice bike to ride fast. Totally not what I expected.

The shock was a bit soft though and to add to the earlier ball on seat incident I clipped a pedal climbing and my knob went straight into the stem, thank God I had the thick chamois nicks on today!

View attachment 372801

View attachment 372802

rextheute

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Also known as E-sneak .
Root one goat , one little puff of the pipe ....
Great bit of kit - one good ride opens opportunities, a carpark ride is just not enough !
But yes expensive - what was delivery times like ?
Asking for a friend .....

silentbutdeadly

has some good things to say
I pulled the old Ghettoshopper bike off the shed wall and rebuilt it with a new Shimano BB, one of those rubbish IXL eBay cranks, some ancient Shimano flats that I scored from a tip shop and some new tubes and old tyres... and it has moved down to the big shed to go on the trainer. It's now going to be my torn ACL recovery rehab bike...when my right knee can bend enough! Can't honestly say I'm looking forward to it....but the knee is too unstable to do a real MTB ride.

Scotty675

Cable thief
I pulled the old Ghettoshopper bike off the shed wall and rebuilt it with a new Shimano BB, one of those rubbish IXL eBay cranks, some ancient Shimano flats that I scored from a tip shop and some new tubes and old tyres... and it has moved down to the big shed to go on the trainer. It's now going to be my torn ACL recovery rehab bike...when my right knee can bend enough! Can't honestly say I'm looking forward to it....but the knee is too unstable to do a real MTB ride.
Slow and steady return. I’ve been there twice and both times I’ve used a bike for recovery. Even if it starts in granny or even no chain, it starts to get the movement back. Your knee will be so stiff at the start but work on movement before you get into building strength.

silentbutdeadly

has some good things to say
Slow and steady return. I’ve been there twice and both times I’ve used a bike for recovery. Even if it starts in granny or even no chain, it starts to get the movement back. Your knee will be so stiff at the start but work on movement before you get into building strength.
I'm three weeks in and the flexibility is almost there so hopefully (if I take it easy) I can keep a bit of leg condition to make the recovery from eventual surgery just that little bit easier...

The wrinkle is that I've also partially torn the patella tendon...so no impact at all until that gets sorted and flexibility could be constrained too.