What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Got a reminder of winter…cold, raining, foggy….unfortunately I missed the memo about dressing for winter.
View attachment 382808
Cold and crappy up here too. Fortunately I did get the memo. Wasn't warm in the store room I was working in.

Hadn't eaten as much as I would normally and rode home into the wind. Was painfully slow and felt crappy. Must be the lack of food. Put the bike in the stand, spin the front wheel. Bloody brake is dragging. FFS

moorey

call me Mia
Cold and crappy up here too. Fortunately I did get the memo. Wasn't warm in the store room I was working in.

Hadn't eaten as much as I would normally and rode home into the wind. Was painfully slow and felt crappy. Must be the lack of food. Put the bike in the stand, spin the front wheel. Bloody brake is dragging. FFS
I probably prefer winter to (even Ballarats version) summer…I just underestimated how cold and wet it would be tonight.
No dragging brake here, just a bitter head wind.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Really windy here today too. Not just a little bit, it would be great kite weather.

Was planning on heading out but maybe later today when it usually gets more windy by mid afternoon .... Errr......

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Really windy here today too. Not just a little bit, it would be great kite weather.

Was planning on heading out but maybe later today when it usually gets more windy by mid afternoon .... Errr......
Huge gusts here too. At least it isn't rain. I got totally soaked Thursday night. My favourite work shoes are still full of water! I had hoped it would be hot and sunny today to dry them out but no such luck. I'd normally put them on the hot water unit but...effort.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Huge gusts here too. At least it isn't rain. I got totally soaked Thursday night. My favourite work shoes are still full of water! I had hoped it would be hot and sunny today to dry them out but no such luck. I'd normally put them on the hot water unit but...effort.
Hopefully it will calm down a bit.

Hang those wet shoes outside now for a free blowdry. I am hoping the towel on our line isn't two streets away already.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Hopefully it will calm down a bit.

Hang those wet shoes outside now for a free blowdry. I am hoping the towel on our line isn't two streets away already.
They've been on the balcony for a day or so with paper stuffed in them.

I have almost all of my towels awaiting a launder.

Wind testing in 10...

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
When you imagine the 'natural odours' in chez moorey would have some vintage bite to them, then you discover this.
Yep, slowly aromatically boiled juice de foot has to be an acquired taste.

As long as the soles don't turn into runny rubber goop. That would be worse.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Just had the Ranger do a drive by and tell me Youies is closed.
Only got an hour in :mad:
Tracks are in pretty good condition, with a few large puddles, and it's perfect riding weather, but I guess protect the tracks now so we can enjoy them all summer
Might be a bit of a blessing in disguise too. I've found Youies experiences in the wet (particularly if you're caught in a sudden downpour) can get a bit expensive. That sandy dirt when wet just seems to act like sandpaper to your bike.