What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Put some new shoes on her. I'm sure that's what Cadel was looking at.
Good to see Maxxis have put some tech on their skinwall tyres... bike looks awesome, keep us informed on the tyre longevity, mine lasted 5 hours into a 24h race, 3-4 tyre plugs and a run back to the team tent seen the end of them.

pineapplehead

Likes Dirt
Good to see Maxxis have put some tech on their skinwall tyres... bike looks awesome, keep us informed on the tyre longevity, mine lasted 5 hours into a 24h race, 3-4 tyre plugs and a run back to the team tent seen the end of them.
Shit that's disappointing!

ozzybmx

Shit that's disappointing!
Im awarding them the 'worst tyre ever' award. The non tech skinwall Maxxis are the shittest tyres ever made, cant believe they made them in Ardents... what were they thinking.

Ardents are a really good in between tyre, not enduro level or XC, good grip and great for regular trail riding. The non TR EXO 3C tech missing was shithouse, they were paper thin side walls.

ozzybmx

Packed up the Karate Monkey for a long weekend of bikepacking around Capertee, Bathurst, Hill end and Sofala. Gonna be a blast!
Nice setup Jasco, got a bit of 'packin' planned in the future myself... just need to convince the missus I need a set of Apidura bags and the rest of the light stuff for my Bday presents.

BTW I have 2 BBD fram bags for my fatbikes, they also fit my HT and CX. Well made stuff, just a pity Kedan doesn't do the saddle bag.

jasco

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Nice setup Jasco, got a bit of 'packin' planned in the future myself... just need to convince the missus I need a set of Apidura bags and the rest of the light stuff for my Bday presents.

BTW I have 2 BBD fram bags for my fatbikes, they also fit my HT and CX. Well made stuff, just a pity Kedan doesn't do the saddle bag.
Cheers! Apidura make some good gear, I’ve had one of they half frame bags and gas tank on another bike. I hope birthday Santa comes through for you!

Kedan’s gears is great stuff. This frame bag fits like a glove and the gas tank has heaps of room for all my electronics. I think the saddle bag is a pretty hard thing to make, and the time he’d spend developing one probably wouldn’t see a return.

Make sure you post up your rig when you get it sorted!

This is where I’m headed this weekend. Averaging 55k a day, so plenty of time to chill out and read or jump in the rivers.
https://ridewithgps.com/routes/26787064

Jpez

Down on the left!
0EC71B22-656A-4296-854E-6C07788A7059.jpeg
Jammed a 2.5 minion in my NS Eccentric which was only designed for 2.3.
Quick fang around the block with some sharp manoeuvres, bunny hops and general hooliganism revealed no tire rub but I’m sure I’m asking for trouble.
Will find out I guess when I get it on a proper trail.

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
Almost booked myself a spot in the fuckwits thread...

Fitted some new and expensive Magura MT trail brakes then managed to cross-thread the lever body when shortening the hoses.

Lots of swearing and sweating before I managed to get the bolt/nut thing in straight again.

So anyway, in the past week I’ve managed to tick off a few things that were well overdue including new headset bearings, serviced my fork (thanks @Mywifesirrational ) and fitting new brakes that arrived about a week ago.

Now I just need to find time for a ride. Oh, and I have to fit my new CCDB iL :)

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
Ace ride at Red Hill today. Started at the bottom of Baldry’s, climbed up to Red Hill, then Arthurs Seat, then bombed down Purves and finally the sandy chutes of Baldry’s. Two hours and twenty minutes on the bikes. An hour and forty of climbing and forty minutes of descending. Ace.

Flow-Rider

Burner
Any known replacement pawl kits worth trying vs binning it?
They're known not to be a reliable hub(only 182kms), looks like Halo or Easten pawls look close but I don't think I'll waste my time. I'm waiting for a second lot of spokes to turn up for the replacement wheel build set after the first lot of spokes were lost by the couriers.