What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

moorey

call me Mia
Literally watt bombs up a snotty climb. Big twang, no power. Thought the gearbox had gone for a split second (died at the thought of having to tell) looked down and it was hanging there. Decent, I scootered over to a bike shop on the offchance they had one. He did, but way too short. Two more on order thanks to the walk home.

Sent from my Agora 4G Pro using Tapatalk
I hear your pinion is REALLY noisy...true?

moorey

call me Mia
It was being noisy on last night's ride, and I've had some previous creaking when loading the pedals. I usually only hear the gearbox in the lower gears (you can hear the expansion ratios really working to turn the output shaft). I pulled the beltring and crank off when I got home to find a bit of the grease, that I'd used to lube the ring/shaft interface, had collected a heap of grit and this was rubbing on against the box body causing the "Velcro" like gritty noise during pedaling. Cleaned, lighter greasing and it was silent again today before the belt snapped.
There is some rubbing from the rear guide, but it's pretty quiet for the most part, as noted today once it was all cleaned.
TLDR. Replacing with Eagle or XTR?

mooboyj

Likes Dirt
Hope it's nothin serious mooboyj. goodluck
Cheers, mate, the doctor just thinks I've tweaked the knee, it isn't too swollen so I doubt I've done anything too bad. My wife isn't impressed, but funnily enough I purchased four pots and big rotors the day before and she now has no issues with that :D

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
I'll look at grabbing the chain stuff. My main reason for avoiding it is the bikes suspension is optimised around a 34t-34t belt system and the chain systems mess with this. Not much, but there is a resin they go the belt drive.

In any case, a few spares won't hurt, it's not a break I was expecting. All reports seem to be that the gates drives wear out before they break. Still, will look into the chain system replacement down the line, 2x belts out of Brissy express on Thursday (public holiday tomorrow) and see if gates comes to the warranty party tonight when Nicolai get back to me.

Better go dust the Slash off!

Huh isn't that just direct drive? You could do the same thing with a chain no problems.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Cheers, mate, the doctor just thinks I've tweaked the knee, it isn't too swollen so I doubt I've done anything too bad. My wife isn't impressed, but funnily enough I purchased four pots and big rotors the day before and she now has no issues with that :D
haha! nice

brakes are one of the easier things to sneak through though. "The old ones aren't safe anymore."

Oddjob

How's the drive side look?
How you can have a bike so close to completion and still unrideable is beyond me. Isn't it drivin you insane?
Oh I know, it's annoying as hell, which is why THIS MOTHERFUCKING POLE IS FUCKING COMPLETE!!!!!!o!!!:$÷÷_€€; ¥¥&::÷=÷÷¤■♤♤■●●<♤♤!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!MWAHAHAHAHA I CALL ON YOU CTHUL... ahem.

Kicking @Zaf in the proverbial balls while he's down was just too much to pass up.

Watch out for a ride essay and some classy but oh so naughty pictures with my XL Pole out.

@Zaf I know its early in the Alice but I'm sure you're having a nightmare right now about how many rides I get in while you wait for your loserdrive to turn up.

Ultra Lord

Dunno about him, but I'll be gettin three in:cool:
physio's orders.
This recovery business definitely has it's perks

Reactions: Zaf

Ultra Lord

I just rode the Slash for the first time since getting the Nicolai and I think everything is about to be sold.
It felt light to the point of being twitchy, cramped and short (this is the Slash I'm talking about). If I have to own more than one bike, it's going to be another Nicolai...better go dust off my bike builder and the quote for a G13.

Also, going back to a 150mm dropper after using a 200mm is crazy.
So ride it like a bmx. throw on some flats and start jumping dumb shit

Oddjob

The only nightmares I'm having are when I'm awake and looking at the "lack of style" you managed to pour into an otherwise beautiful bike.

How many rides you think you'll get in before Monday?

I'm not sure what burn to come back with:

How about the one where we swap roles and I tell you that you're bike is a glorified piece of shed art and you tell me my bike as a heavy, unreliable piece of.... no that's not going to work.

Umm my toe print looks good on your proverbial balls... no too homoerotic.

Umm how about the one where I can't hear you over the snapping of your loser drive... no no no.

How about, I don't know how many rides I'll get in before Monday. But I do know it will be more than you. BOOM!