What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
I cannot get behind removeable chinguards. Regardless of brand.

TLD make very good looking kit but you pay for it. And some of the graphics are too loud for me but eh, they always have a stealthy option.

The fox fullface thats made with huge vents looks schmick, light enough and doesn’t have a dicky removeable chin guard.

Reactions: Zaf

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
I cannot get behind removeable chinguards. Regardless of brand.

TLD make very good looking kit but you pay for it. And some of the graphics are too loud for me but eh, they always have a stealthy option.

The fox fullface thats made with huge vents looks schmick, light enough and doesn’t have a dicky removeable chin guard.
Nah, sorry love my Leatt DBX 3.0 enduro. Especially the magnetic chin strap. Tried the Fox proframe but just don't want a chin guard in place all the time. I think it looks dicky to rock a full face for everything.

DMan

No no, Bell Super v1 and v2 fullfaces are. Very specific, although the Met Parachute is also in this category. The updated version of the Bell 3R is not a fashion faux pas, because it's sexy AF!!!

Likewise, the Giro Switchblade is also ridiculously sexy helmet, as are most non convertible Full Faced helmets (Troy Lee D3...with the dorsal fin, good god!!!). Wearing ANY of these sexy helmets with sunnies, instead of goggles, kill this coolness though. It's a tricky line to walk.
Now THAT'S a cool pic.

Ultra Lord

Nah, sorry love my Leatt DBX 3.0 enduro. Especially the magnetic chin strap. Tried the Fox proframe but just don't want a chin guard in place all the time. I think it looks dicky to rock a full face for everything.
It 100% does look stupid having a fullface on climbing a hill, fully agree.

If I’m riding stuff that needs a full face though, it needs a proper one. I do not trust the chin bar things, and removing it for a climb then clicking it back on for the dh’s, well I’ll just pull the fullface off entirely rather than worry about what I’m gonna do with an extra chin. Fullface time = push runs to me anyway so that makes sense I reckon.

Each to their own I spose ya chin removin weirdo :D

Jpez

Down on the left!
I bought a Bell Super 3r thinking the removable chin bar was a great idea. Never taken it off once. don't need to. It is fantastically ventilated. Now Im riding harder the chin bar has me worried so a Fox Proframe is in my cart.
I can't stand goggles. too restrictive. So I wear sunnies.
Guess I'm a "pleb" @Zaf

Ultra Lord

Fuck you ain’t havin much luck with things lately @Zaf.

What did burgtec charge for the stem? ANy reason you didn’t go through a local supplier?

Reactions: Zaf

DMan

It 100% does look stupid having a fullface on climbing a hill, fully agree.

If I’m riding stuff that needs a full face though, it needs a proper one. I do not trust the chin bar things, and removing it for a climb then clicking it back on for the dh’s, well I’ll just pull the fullface off entirely rather than worry about what I’m gonna do with an extra chin. Fullface time = push runs to me anyway so that makes sense I reckon.

Each to their own I spose ya chin removin weirdo :D
That's fair if you're doing a shuttle day or push runs to have a dedicated but I didn't want to fork out for 2 helmets. TBH 99% of the time I just leave the chin bar in the car. But it's nice to have it for those spontaneous events....
If could remove my chin I wouldn't even need a chin bar! Cheaper helmets for all!!