What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Went and took the Pole for it's first daytime test ride and shaved 8% off my overall time and on the major descents. I wasn't even pushing hard. Looking to take out some weight (115kg+) category KOM's in the near future.

Got pecked by a magpie on the way back to the ferry and lost some blood for my trouble.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
I'm not on Facebook so that's out - but, yeah, gotta do something about it.

Pushy's 15% off code brings a Thomson down to arse-bleedingly expensive...

slider_phil

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Getting back on the hard tail recently after a lot of time on the dually I found the lack of a dropper was the biggest bother.

Not many options in 27.2 annoyingly.
Agree with you there. Did a race on my hardtail, first time riding my hardtail in quite a while and with no dropper. White knuckled for sure! Did a race this Sunday just gone with a dropper and so much more comfortable. Don't think I'll have a bike without a dropper again.

rextheute

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Went out to Wombat mtb and got diiiiirty !
All the talk of droppers makes me want one , there are a couple of descents I walk done ...well I am soft and old a dropper would give me more confidence .
On my Dually it’s almost okay , but the fatty really would benefit from getting my fat arse over the back end .

Was super fun tho !

Attachments

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
Went for a burn at the Youies. I'd been hearing Travs had a number of radical changes applied to it during it's refurbishment, such as being extended and many of the rock gardens removed... I found myself quite pleasantly surprised with the makeover, just enough smoothing of the trail between the fun sections to keep it exciting, with a few of the burlier rock gardens smoothed out. No real drastic changes at all as far as I recall.
I was out there yesterday as well and gave it a couple of runs. I was pretty happy with it, some nice little drops and some improvements to flow. A few nice additions of little kickers in places as well and some alternative lines.

Nice job again @trav and crew!

Miguel75

Likes Dirt
Yeah, I don't know if I've got a weeks worth of pain tolerance in me at the moment. My poor old back is struggling a bit at the moment. I still love the way a long and slack hardtail rides so will get back out there at some stage and hit it again.
I’m on the eccentric Cromo and a buddy was on an alloy eccentric, until he bought a Banshee rune. Now he’s trying to sell me on moving to a full squish frame. Given how weak my core feels of late, riding the hard tail, I may go squishy.....

Paulie_AU

Likes Dirt
Fathers day present I bought for the kids to give me showed up today.... Vorsprung Corset for my Float X. I recently had my Fox 34 Factories rebuilt with the Vorsprung Luftkappe and Fractive kits installed........ forks are running sweet but showed how much of a wallowing pig the back end was being.

Also need to pick up a 150mm dropper and Saint caliper second hand.

I had been toying with a new bike but decided the old girl could last another year (new frame under warranty less than 2 months ago). Somehow that has turned into $700 in unplanned improvements. Oops.

downunderdallas

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Added a Debonair 150 spring to my previously 140mm Pikes. No chance to get out yet but the weekend looks promising.

I too have been looking at a new bike...but think it'll have to wait a bit.

TheAzza

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Interested to hear the feedback. Have been considering a Rune as next frame.
I absolutely love my Rune and it will be sitting in the garage until I am 100% sure the Nomad is better, or even as good.
It is exactly 1kg lighter which is good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
You've got the post slammed in both builds - was is simply fortuitous that the seat tube lengths were the same or is there a compromise somewhere?

Love the side by side shots BTW - bloody brilliant!

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Looks ace and both bikes are going to be weapons.

The STA and HTA on the Nomad appear slacker and more steep respectively. It'll be interesting to see which you prefer.

goobags

Likes Dirt
Fathers day present I bought for the kids to give me showed up today.... Vorsprung Corset for my Float X. I recently had my Fox 34 Factories rebuilt with the Vorsprung Luftkappe and Fractive kits installed........ forks are running sweet but showed how much of a wallowing pig the back end was being.

Also need to pick up a 150mm dropper and Saint caliper second hand.

I had been toying with a new bike but decided the old girl could last another year (new frame under warranty less than 2 months ago). Somehow that has turned into $700 in unplanned improvements. Oops.
So the Fractive tubing was good? You never rode it with the Luftkappe only did you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheAzza

Likes Bikes and Dirt
You've got the post slammed in both builds - was is simply fortuitous that the seat tube lengths were the same or is there a compromise somewhere?

Love the side by side shots BTW - bloody brilliant!
Seat tube is roughly 10mm shorter on the Nomad with the shim installed, but it feels roughly the same when I sit on it.
Will tweak it once I am out on the trail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro