What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
After work tonight I put my Cotic back together with a freshly renovated rear wheel, thanks to the Meister of Duck.

Urbaned on it to my local fave trails, for some serene twilight single-track.

On the way back I had to focus like billyo as the ball of bright gas had slipped below the horizon and darkness was becoming upon me.

glenfernvalley.jpg

moorey

call me Mia
This arrived today. Promptly put it together.

Think it's a 2014, but has a good build.

Banshee Phantom
X1 group
Guide R brakes (remember why I hate sram brakes now)
Reverb dropper (also shit)
Pikes
Ccdb
Next sl cranks

And to annoy @moorey it's a 29er.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
I love that you’ve gone 29. Suits your 5 foot/90kg image.

slider_phil

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Got talked into doing a road bike ride today in the mountains. We got to the furthest point from the car when I got a flat. Tried a co2 but it was still going down (tubeless). So I pulled it off and went to chuck in a tube. Didn't pack a tube with a long enough valve to get my remaining co2 on. Reinstalled the timeless valve and went to use co2, turned out to be a dud. Reminded me to always bring a hand pump.

Did the "fuck it" thing and decided to climb for 10kms on a flat rear, it's only a tyre and a cheapish rim. Got to the top and thought, it's only a 10km descent and it's still in tact. By this stage I'd abandoned seeing another cyclist to get me out of trouble. So down I went. It wasn't too crazy unless the tyre slid to far to the side and then rim on bitumen is like a rear steering bike, very not fun. But got down and back to the car in one piece.

Got home and pulled off the completely destroyed tyre, put the rim back on the frame and no shit, it's still as straight as an arrow. A bit of rash on the lip in sections but no buckles or dings.

Gotta be the stupidest thing I've ever done.

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
Had a freakin' brilliant ride at the Youies on Friday. The 2.5 Minion on the front is so much better around all those dry, flat turns.