What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Still sick...... gave it a wash and bough some oil because the fork seals were gettin abit squeaky.

Will ride tomorrow. Getting sick of being sick. It’ll be a chill one though

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
Redhill today on my pat malone. Some fun
sandybits then start the climb and 10 minutes in, the spring in the derailleur gives up the ghost. I can select 1st with the shifter, but everything else requires get off the bike manual intervention. After a while I got good at cranking and carrying the speed by not touching the brakes, just to get further up the next up. It was a laugh, enjoyed it. Did see a snake on Purves Rd, I think a tiger, not very big, across the trail. Had to stop. Luckily boggy bit going slow. Mexican stand off, then it effed off. Arthur’s then the bike park, then beer, then beach and family. Didn’t mention snake.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
He's just pissy he's lost his favourite bike, and the whole vegan thing.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
He’s not even that pissy I reckon. Low key proud as fuuuuuuck and bragging about it whilst garnering sympathy. I’m onto him!
Humble braggart.

Leaving pub now. Ride tomorrow’s gonna be a hot one.

No ragerts

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Checked Strava and I hit 48km/h at one point on the descent . Averaged 30km/h over the duration. My wife got told a very different story...
Nice one :) Shredding a tyre totally worth for the hilarity value!

Although a good example of why a mini pump is nice to have... Little cheap plastic ones weight fuck all and will get you home.

slider_phil

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Nice one :) Shredding a tyre totally worth for the hilarity value!

Although a good example of why a mini pump is nice to have... Little cheap plastic ones weight fuck all and will get you home.
Yep, it's not as though I don't own one either. I just took tubeless for granted, had two co2's and a small plug kit. Lessons learnt

scblack

Leucocholic
Yep, it's not as though I don't own one either. I just took tubeless for granted, had two co2's and a small plug kit. Lessons learnt
On the roadie I ALWAYS take:
Co2 bulbs *2
Co2 adapter
Jersey bin for phone, licence, cash, credit card
Tyre levers
Tube
Keys

Now added a tyre liner too and touch wood, have not had a flat since fitting them.

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
Got talked into doing a road bike ride today in the mountains. We got to the furthest point from the car when I got a flat. Tried a co2 but it was still going down (tubeless). So I pulled it off and went to chuck in a tube. Didn't pack a tube with a long enough valve to get my remaining co2 on. Reinstalled the timeless valve and went to use co2, turned out to be a dud. Reminded me to always bring a hand pump.

Did the "fuck it" thing and decided to climb for 10kms on a flat rear, it's only a tyre and a cheapish rim. Got to the top and thought, it's only a 10km descent and it's still in tact. By this stage I'd abandoned seeing another cyclist to get me out of trouble. So down I went. It wasn't too crazy unless the tyre slid to far to the side and then rim on bitumen is like a rear steering bike, very not fun. But got down and back to the car in one piece.

Got home and pulled off the completely destroyed tyre, put the rim back on the frame and no shit, it's still as straight as an arrow. A bit of rash on the lip in sections but no buckles or dings.

Gotta be the stupidest thing I've ever done.
Exactly the sort of treatment that a road bike deserves!

slider_phil

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Exactly the sort of treatment that a road bike deserves!
Hell yeah. Old mate I was with was ready to start walking with me after repairs failed. Mate, I ain't walking 20kms over a mountain pass lol. Truth me told I thought I'd get a few kms and the thing would be un-rideable and then try and hitch a ride in the back of a ute or something. But it was still rolling when we got to the top so I thought I'd be able to take it easy on the way down. I was towards the end of the times on Strava but I still beat about 100 people on the descent

Now he's telling me to throw out the wheels but I just finished sanding back the rough bits and have mounted a new tyre. Honestly, I've cracked carbon MTB rims without flatting a tyre so these cheapo fulcrum wheels must be strong lol.

smitho

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Drove the 2 hours to Buxton to ride it for the first time, turns out there’s a 12 hour race on. One or two tracks still open but can’t get to them without taking the race course. Would have been nice if they publicised it.

Decided to drive to Lake Mountain and check out the trails there. I probably had more fun on the drive up and down than I did on the trails, it’s a fun road when it’s empty.

The trails certainly haven’t seen any love since winter. Trees down over trails, detritus all over the tracks. Didn’t look like anyone had ridden them in a while and didn’t see another rider. Some ok semi-technical XC around the village. The trail down to Marysville has some potential but only got down to Arnold Gap before I decided it probably wasn’t worth the ride up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Minlak

custom titis
F73DF850-70D6-4F82-9A62-50475CAA94B5.png
Rode Tewantin for the first time it was good will definitely head back in the cooler weather. I was doing fine but the people I was riding with poked out early :)

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Hell yeah. Old mate I was with was ready to start walking with me after repairs failed. Mate, I ain't walking 20kms over a mountain pass lol. Truth me told I thought I'd get a few kms and the thing would be un-rideable and then try and hitch a ride in the back of a ute or something. But it was still rolling when we got to the top so I thought I'd be able to take it easy on the way down. I was towards the end of the times on Strava but I still beat about 100 people on the descent

Now he's telling me to throw out the wheels but I just finished sanding back the rough bits and have mounted a new tyre. Honestly, I've cracked carbon MTB rims without flatting a tyre so these cheapo fulcrum wheels must be strong lol.
You can always tell the roadies out on the mountain bike trails - they’re the ones going walking pace down the trails, but they’ll blow past you on the ups.

Not surprised a mountain biker beats them on a flat :)