What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

stirk

Burner
Inspired or unconciously coerced by @hifiandmtb into cleaning my bike.

Also found the headset to be loose by 0.01mm

Bottom bracket creaking but it's press fit so yeah fuck you press fit.

Never touched the suspension bearings in 4 years, they still seem ok, am I riding with the devil?

Before, crud!

After, and yeah, still some dust, it hard to reach ok!

droenn

Fat Man's XC President

Rode around at Winmalee whilst partner was off doing her stuff. Went up Springwood Ridge to lookout (tried to ride to summit but it turned into hike-a-bike, damn you Komoot!) and came back through Blue Gum Swamp. Glad I took hardtail! Woulda been ok on most of it with gravel bike, but coming down Bee’s Dick hill mighta been sketchy. Nice little adventure.

stirk

Burner
View attachment 352502

Rode around at Winmalee whilst partner was off doing her stuff. Went up Springwood Ridge to lookout (tried to ride to summit but it turned into hike-a-bike, damn you Komoot!) and came back through Blue Gum Swamp. Glad I took hardtail! Woulda been ok on most of it with gravel bike, but coming down Bee’s Dick hill mighta been sketchy. Nice little adventure.
Hey @droenn & @Mr Crudley Have not ridden those fire trails for a while, is bees getting nice and scetchy again? Nothing like belting down that hill as fast as you dare!

Just when a fire trail starts to get interesting it gets graded, and yeah I know the reason for the grading ..

The single track is still good.

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
@stirk it was my first time visiting, so not much to compare it to. Didn’t seem in too bad shape, I don’t remember many ruts etc. Just lots of loose stones on that Bees thingy hill.

It also was really overgrown at the start of the Springwood ridge, coming up from blue gum swamp trail. And some horrendous little steep bits there, quite loose also.

Great spot though

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Hey @droenn & @Mr Crudley Have not ridden those fire trails for a while, is bees getting nice and scetchy again? Nothing like belting down that hill as fast as you dare!

Just when a fire trail starts to get interesting it gets graded, and yeah I know the reason for the grading ..

The single track is still good.
I haven't been down Bee's Nest for about 2 months. It was like a highway then and tempts you to brake late.

Grading is overdone in the Mountains. I think they keep doing because they feel like they have to do something regardless if it needs it or not.

There is a ride up there tomorrow at 9am that I'll try to make if Mrs get going early. Plan to head up there tomorrow sometime.

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
@stirk it was my first time visiting, so not much to compare it to. Didn’t seem in too bad shape, I don’t remember many ruts etc. Just lots of loose stones on that Bees thingy hill.

It also was really overgrown at the start of the Springwood ridge, coming up from blue gum swamp trail. And some horrendous little steep bits there, quite loose also.

Great spot though
Glad you enjoyed it. It is a pretty place down in the ferny swamp and the lookout is hard to beat. Might not be a techy trail overall but you can squeeze a bit out of it.

The ST entered from Halcyon Street is fun. I think Option A then Deliverance and Chopper is a must do. I haven't done the Kables but up for a future ride.

A great double header is doing Yellow Rock from Blaxland station, exit on Singles Ridge road then road ride up to Halcyon. Mess around at Grose Head and go the reverse back. Enough of everything there - ST, speedy DH's, techy chundery bits and plenty of sandpits. Great morning out.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Ha! You can hear my bike bottom out on that drop. Love it.

In related news people, the new assegai seems to be a winner. Didn’t roll half as bad as I was expecting and the grip is a definite improvement over the HRII it replaced.
It paired nicely with an aggressor. More riding needed to form a decent opinion but so far I’m impressed.

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
Builded a wheeliemathingy. Turns out the reason I cant manual is that im shit at manualing!
So weird you posted this. Today (now yesterday) we were riding down the bay and just mucking about in the campgrounds and sandy bits of the foreshore and while it was a lot of fun, I was failing as usual with any manualness, I actually wondered about whether I should build one of these bizzos, and sort it out. And you have. Do tell.

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
I saw one a while back and said to myself it should be fairly easy to make. A length of 140x35, a length of 90x35, and a box of batten screws set me back about $40 at Bunnings. A nail gun made it easy as pie to shoot together before putting the screws in, could be done without but would take longer I reckon. All up maybe half an hour to put together?

All to find out it's hard to wheelie properly. How in the fark did 15 year old me do that shit?? I can hold a manual on the stand if I use brakes, but I'll come down to earth fairly promptly if I let go...

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk