What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
Glad you enjoyed it. It is a pretty place down in the ferny swamp and the lookout is hard to beat. Might not be a techy trail overall but you can squeeze a bit out of it.

The ST entered from Halcyon Street is fun. I think Option A then Deliverance and Chopper is a must do. I haven't done the Kables but up for a future ride.

A great double header is doing Yellow Rock from Blaxland station, exit on Singles Ridge road then road ride up to Halcyon. Mess around at Grose Head and go the reverse back. Enough of everything there - ST, speedy DH's, techy chundery bits and plenty of sandpits. Great morning out.
Ah right, I should have checked out that ST, but was more on a mission to get to the lookout for peak Insta shots!

Next time I'll expore them more - but also seems like there are few rides around Katoomba I need to do too.

Did this loop:

stirk

Burner
Bit of messing around at Winmalee again. Behold the retro roadblock.

View attachment 352520

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk
Didn't you get the memo?

I was going to ride Winmalee ST but felt like spending time with the kids on their last day of school hols so did Falco point quickly and then took kids down helipad trail, almost made it to the creek but the young girl was a bit daunted by the 45° boulder trail, I should 'build' a trail to the bottom, would be fun if not a nasty hike a bike back out.

SummitFever

Eats Squid
New rim, new tyre. This wheel is off the rear of my 29er. Crest MK3 rim only lasted about 6 months of riding. The wheel was still true but the rim had started cracking around many spoke holes (almost every DS spoke hole). The Crest MK3 in 26" have been really reliable but so far the longevity in 29" is a bit of let down. Perhaps I was just unlucky the first time around.

stirk

Burner
New rim, new tyre. This wheel is off the rear of my 29er. Crest MK3 rim only lasted about 6 months of riding. The wheel was still true but the rim had started cracking around many spoke holes (almost every DS spoke hole). The Crest MK3 in 26" have been really reliable but so far the longevity in 29" is a bit of let down. Perhaps I was just unlucky the first time around.

If you desticker the rims they are stronger.

or just better looking

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
With the duelly out of action until the new shifter arrives, thought I better get the hardtail up to spec for use in the race next weekend.
Started with doing the BB for the first time ever, (5000km) ha ha. So also now have the tool to do it a bit more regularly this time :)
Now just need to get rid of a horid brake squeak from the front, will give it a good clean and hope for the best. Otherwise it will work well as a horn for the downhill sections haha.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Ah right, I should have checked out that ST, but was more on a mission to get to the lookout for peak Insta shots!

Next time I'll expore them more - but also seems like there are few rides around Katoomba I need to do too.

Did this loop:
View attachment 352526
Fair enough, put the ST on the list for next time. The Hazelbrook St is another one to do.

You did the missing link up from The Grotto turn off that I was going to do. Well done, now can do a bigger loop with resorting to riding up the road.

There is plenty to do up there. Just have to avoid too much firetrail if possible.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Didn't you get the memo?

I was going to ride Winmalee ST but felt like spending time with the kids on their last day of school hols so did Falco point quickly and then took kids down helipad trail, almost made it to the creek but the young girl was a bit daunted by the 45° boulder trail, I should 'build' a trail to the bottom, would be fun if not a nasty hike a bike back out.
I don't read memos. Hardly at the bottom of DH run there anyhow.

Glad you took out the Stirk v2.0's out. Winmalee has to be easier than Faulconbridge Point though.

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Drove from Geelong to Lysterfield to ride a huge 6 km (see you-know-what thread for details).
Did you pass the YY on the way? I love Lysterfield as it's local, but if I were on the other side of the bay there'd need to be a really good reason to pass it by. I'm genuinely curious.

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
Did you pass the YY on the way? I love Lysterfield as it's local, but if I were on the other side of the bay there'd need to be a really good reason to pass it by. I'm genuinely curious.
Spike rides the YY all the time. I'd say he's mixing it up for variation.

All conjecture on my part though.

hellmansam

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Rode in my first Enduro today...but I had done a bit too much riding in the three days prior ! Arms and legs sore and not at full strength. Finished 16th of 18 finishers from 20 starters. Didn't have any crashes, but on the first stage I got a bit off line approaching a little ditch that wasn't very hard to manual over. Put my left foot down pretty hard to save going over the bars and bruised the big toe/ball area a fair bit. It didn't bother me too much in the rest of the event except when my foot was too far back on the pedal, too painful to push down on. I had to avoid going as fast as I had been in practice, or I would have ended up having a proper stack. All good though, four days of fun shuttling at Linga Longa. The only WAGE round of the year where shuttles are available, I'm not fit enough to do a "proper" round yet so I was keen to do this one. Depending on the category all riders had to ride/push up once or twice.

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
Nice lap of Lysty today… early afternoon. Rode on my own and did a quickish lap for me. The trails were slightly damp but plenty of grip. Got passed going up Redgum by a young'un and then we both got passed by an ebike. I'm not a fan. It's not the end of world, blah, blah, etc and I know I'm closer age-wise to needing one than most here, but hopefully that day is a long way off. I didn't mind pulling over for the first hard pedaling guy, as he was flying, but it sorted sucked after I realized the second one was an ebike. Changed the vibe, momentarily, till I thought better of it, and let it go.

Anyway, a nice day for a ride.

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
Rode in my first Enduro today...but I had done a bit too much riding in the three days prior ! Arms and legs sore and not at full strength. Finished 16th of 18 finishers from 20 starters. Didn't have any crashes, but on the first stage I got a bit off line approaching a little ditch that wasn't very hard to manual over. Put my left foot down pretty hard to save going over the bars and bruised the big toe/ball area a fair bit. It didn't bother me too much in the rest of the event except when my foot was too far back on the pedal, too painful to push down on. I had to avoid going as fast as I had been in practice, or I would have ended up having a proper stack. All good though, four days of fun shuttling at Linga Longa. The only WAGE round of the year where shuttles are available, I'm not fit enough to do a "proper" round yet so I was keen to do this one. Depending on the category all riders had to ride/push up once or twice.
Congrats on finishing your first Enduro. 4 days straight is bloody mental!

Did you catch any glimpses of Sam Hill riding?

Nice lap of Lysty today… early afternoon. Rode on my own and did a quickish lap for me. The trails were slightly damp but plenty of grip. Got passed going up Redgum by a young'un and then we both got passed by an ebike. I'm not a fan. It's not the end of world, blah, blah, etc and I know I'm closer age-wise to needing one than most here, but hopefully that day is a long way off. I didn't mind pulling over for the first hard pedaling guy, as he was flying, but it sorted sucked after I realized the second one was an ebike. Changed the vibe, momentarily, till I thought better of it, and let it go.

Anyway, a nice day for a ride.
Had a similar occurrence today. The occasional e biker I don't mind letting play through, not looking forward to having to do it multiple times in a session as these things become increasingly popular.