What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
How heavy, how much?

I joined the 'it's $500 or it's 500g' club on Saturday... kicking and screaming.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Unboxed it at work then bubble wrapped my boss’s computer (this one comes in once a month, maybe). Only got home half hour ago so can’t do much tonight. Currently watching LOTR and rubbing down some tubes with an after wash spray in preparation for a week long build.

Fuck yeah new bike day.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Unboxed it at work then bubble wrapped my boss’s computer (this one comes in once a month, maybe). Currently watching LOTR and rubbing down some tubes with an after wash spray in preparation for a week long build.

Fuck yeah new bike day.
Hey did you get the matching Dhx coil?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Hey did you get the matching Dhx coil?

Nope. Water heater broke around the same time, and I’ve already screwed my monthly budget buying the frame haha!
No regrets

Edit: new shock planned maybe as a chrissy pressie for myself once I’ve ridden the monarch abit.

Last edited:

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
How heavy, how much?

I joined the 'it's $500 or it's 500g' club on Saturday... kicking and screaming.
360g for $150, the mtbr forum guys are getting great service and the ztto crew are being very upfront with their versions and improvements, was able to see this was the newest cut their offering without roll off issues etc.

silentbutdeadly

has some good things to say
Still chasing that elusive front end security. Didn't want a -17° stem, but on a 69.5° HA it actually works out to be nearly horizontal. Drops the bars 13mm lower. Shouldn't look too ugly. K-Edge garmin mount to keep the computer on the right angle.

Vittoria Saguaro is the answer on the front end at Coomie. And the right line...with the right lean.

However, in truth, I was rarely at the bleeding edge in terms of speed round there.

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Vittoria Saguaro is the answer on the front end at Coomie. And the right line...with the right lean.

However, in truth, I was rarely at the bleeding edge in terms of speed round there.
The Vittoria Barzo is going back on, probably when I get a new Mezcal. But plenty of Saguaros getting around there still.

One of the guys had a Geax Saguaro on the front and a Vittoria Saguaro on the rear :D

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
Nice. What's the cassette size? Xd / hg driver? 11 speed?

Got a link?
HG driver, 11 speed. 11-46t paired with a 36T ring, may dropback to 34t. See how it goes. Shipping was insanely quick too, just ebay. Good thread on mtbr for those who want to read up on it.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
HG driver, 11 speed. 11-46t paired with a 36T ring, may dropback to 34t. See how it goes. Shipping was insanely quick too, just ebay. Good thread on mtbr for those who want to read up on it.
Good thread on mtbr? What does that even mean?

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
Todays lunchtime ride. Having an hour of riding and forgetting all about work... it should be in the LTIL thread.

Getting the hang of the new bike. Lots of things to like. On the climb home, I effed about with the 3-position compression (open, pedal, lock) and yeah it climbed better in pedal and betterer in lock. But, I am still looking forward to doing crime.

Back to work...