What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
Can't decide if the next day was worse but old mate Talentspotter was back at it again and there were more great pics. If you ever rode past a guy taking pictures at Stromlo your pic is probably on his Flickr.
He must freeze his knads off sitting there taking pics of randoms.

I thought about going early on Sunday morning, opened the front door and went NOPE. It was windy af on the drive home as well, had to close the cover on the sunroof so I couldn't see the bike rocking to and fro all over the roof.

I really need to reestablish some authority on that jump... Still psyches me out every time!
Just carry enough speed and send it, once you have it done again it's simples, sheltered from the wind down there as well.

Last edited:

Litenbror

Eats Squid
He's looking a lot more relaxed about than I would...
He certainly doesn't look like he is enjoying the experience that's for sure. That drop has caught me a few times and my shins have the marks to prove it. Unlike @SummitFever I have less issue over cooking jumps and more problems under doing them because I chicken out. This one took me a while to get comfortable with and by comfortable I mean it's never a fun one just one that needs to be done. Watching the riders at the rocky mountain enduro showed me some things with this one, mainly how far I have to go :D

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
That's the Lysterfield trail design motto @Lazmo - if in doubt "Jump to Berm..."
Yep, for sure. I quite like the good fun one on Middle, that goes to a right hand berm, as it's got just enough distance in it to feel okee dokee, and I love it. But the last one descending Hug, fark off, no way. We watched a young'un bin it there trying to jump it, and his mate was laughing at him. So we stuck around to watch laughing guy bin it big time too. The jump on the George Michael carpark to Comm Games link track is pretty shjt too. Just why?

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Yep, for sure. I quite like the good fun one on Middle, that goes to a right hand berm, as it's got just enough distance in it to feel okee dokee, and I love it. But the last one descending Hug, fark off, no way. We watched a young'un bin it there trying to jump it, and his mate was laughing at him. So we stuck around to watch laughing guy bin it big time too. The jump on the George Michael carpark to Comm Games link track is pretty shjt too. Just why?
The one on hug is rough on the approach, I reckon that puts you off a bit. If you're not pinning and take it controlled it's ok, I haven't done it on the hardtail though, always take the smaller one to the left.

The one on comms looks way worse than it is, maybe because there's something of a grade change there and you can't see over it? When you've done it a couple of times you won't think anything of it again.

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
The one on hug is rough on the approach, I reckon that puts you off a bit. If you're not pinning and take it controlled it's ok, I haven't done it on the hardtail though, always take the smaller one to the left.

The one on comms looks way worse than it is, maybe because there's something of a grade change there and you can't see over it? When you've done it a couple of times you won't think anything of it again.

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk
The Hug approach has got really rough, and yeah I go the left side, but don't jump it, just get off the back.

I used to do the comms games one, but had a fair bit of a moment there, maybe a year ago, and I'm not getting any younger.

It's ok for you youngies.

hellmansam

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Bought replacement seat and started looking for the source of the creak that I thought was the stem/steerer but is actually the rear suspension pivots. Found one a bit loose on the centre of the rocker arm thingy, and cleaned all three pivot points of that but the creak is still there and I do not like

hellmansam

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Decided to check out the main swing arm pivot and yep the bearings felt a bit rough so popped them out and will source replacements tomorrow. Starting to undo the pivot bolt made the creaking noise happen so touch wood it will have been exorcised when I put it back together