What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Scotty T

Walks the walk
Yeah, pretty much huck to flat. It's an awkward thing if you aren't comfortable in the air.
I think it's much easier than it looks. I drop the back wheel into the hollow at the bottom. I was overcooking it in the front on pic by quite a bit and pulled the bike almost vertical under me as I landed. Actually scared my self a tiny bit, that moment where your stem is a bit close to your chin, but it's a fairly forgiving landing zone with plenty of room for recovering if you get crooked. If you point it to the right a bit you can land into a tiny bank and rail into the left hander.

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yep, for sure. I quite like the good fun one on Middle, that goes to a right hand berm, as it's got just enough distance in it to feel okee dokee, and I love it. But the last one descending Hug, fark off, no way. We watched a young'un bin it there trying to jump it, and his mate was laughing at him. So we stuck around to watch laughing guy bin it big time too. The jump on the George Michael carpark to Comm Games link track is pretty shjt too. Just why?
That cracks me up as I thought only my mates called the toilet block by that name.

And that jump on the link to CG before the corner was idiocy of the highest order. I was on the trail build when they did it and thought this will not end well. One of the guys leading the build day tried to ride it and stacked immediately. It was the last trail build I went on with them

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Its the landing on a down slope that messes with my head, it always feels like im falling further than I expected.

Its been massively talked up now! Those that drop over it casually every time will be wondering what the hell Im talking about - like i said, its just irrational at this point!

Everyone needs a nemesis. It was originally the seesaw out along the southern border when I first started riding Stromlo, but I beat that (shame they took it away, I dont like the new ones in the skills area).

Scotty T

Walks the walk
Need to get my mate to email me the full res version but this gives an idea of how I usually drop it. Still diifcult to judge distances as that's my own shadow on the ground and it moves with me. The see saws in Playground are fun, but I haven't hit the third one for a while. First two are quite easy.

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
Its the landing on a down slope that messes with my head, it always feels like im falling further than I expected.

Its been massively talked up now! Those that drop over it casually every time will be wondering what the hell Im talking about - like i said, its just irrational at this point!

Everyone needs a nemesis. It was originally the seesaw out along the southern border when I first started riding Stromlo, but I beat that (shame they took it away, I dont like the new ones in the skills area).
Everyone has one. Mine is a small double on our local track that I ALWAYS just touch the brake a bit for before hitting it. But it ends up making me case the downside. Might have to remove my brakes for a ride...

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
Need to get my mate to email me the full res version but this gives an idea of how I usually drop it. Still diifcult to judge distances as that's my own shadow on the ground and it moves with me. The see saws in Playground are fun, but I haven't hit the third one for a while. First two are quite easy.

View attachment 354584
Cool! That's a good drop away on the landing. I can see how that would spook some people though!

Scotty T

Walks the walk
My current nemesis are the doubles at the bottom of the downhill, I don't do the full DH track but just the section to bottom from the big wallride. You can go left and hit doubles or right and hit tables, they are literally the same size, the tables might even be bit bigger. I've recently been clearing all the tables but haven't had a crack at the doubles. I can do several bigger doubles around other prts of the park. These come in quick succession so it took me a while to nail all of them on the tables.

sossy

Saucier
New stoppers and tyre day.
Interested to see how the new G2 ultimates feel on the trail, they feel good in the stand and the bed in braking. Much better than the Magura that they replaced.
The tyres are a relatively known quantity. I’ve been a fan of Mitas for a while now.

Attachments

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
New stoppers and tyre day.
Interested to see how the new G2 ultimates feel on the trail, they feel good in the stand and the bed in braking. Much better than the Magura that they replaced.
The tyres are a relatively known quantity. I’ve been a fan of Mitas for a while now.
That's some beefy rubber! What size and where did you grab them from?