What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
Pulled down my forks ('06 Recon) to see why I suddenly had lost suspension action. Only gettinf roughly 15mm of travel before it locks out.

Started with air down and then removed the air top cap completely. Still nothing.

Pulled the motion control damper. Looks fine. Forks still wouldn't move more than 10-15mm with that out.

Next removed the lower bolts and a fair amount of oil spewed out of the lowers. Should only have had 15cc in there, so it seems the oil has made its way from the uppers to the lowers. Looks like the retaining ring was seated fine and the seals look alright, but somehow oil has got through there.

Tried forks again and they move smoothly with the oil released from lowers. Would ~130cc of oil in the lowers be enough to lock out the forks roughly 15mm into it's stroke?

Flow-Rider

Burner
Pulled down my forks ('06 Recon) to see why I suddenly had lost suspension action. Only gettinf roughly 15mm of travel before it locks out.

Started with air down and then removed the air top cap completely. Still nothing.

Pulled the motion control damper. Looks fine. Forks still wouldn't move more than 10-15mm with that out.

Next removed the lower bolts and a fair amount of oil spewed out of the lowers. Should only have had 15cc in there, so it seems the oil has made its way from the uppers to the lowers. Looks like the retaining ring was seated fine and the seals look alright, but somehow oil has got through there.

Tried forks again and they move smoothly with the oil released from lowers. Would ~130cc of oil in the lowers be enough to lock out the forks roughly 15mm into it's stroke?
Yep, oil is getting past the o ring somehow.

Miguel75

Likes Dirt
Finally had everything needed to mount my new Hope cranks, so used that as an excuse to strip my bike and give it a solid clean.

I’m loving the new cranks though their instructions (step 4, including the update) aren’t as clear as they could be... Regardless, the cranks are awesome. Now I need to ride them.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Finally had everything needed to mount my new Hope cranks, so used that as an excuse to strip my bike and give it a solid clean.

I’m loving the new cranks though their instructions (step 4, including the update) aren’t as clear as they could be... Regardless, the cranks are awesome. Now I need to ride them.
What colour?

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
Headed out to the Youies today for a forced hour of road riding and some trail time as well.

Couldn't go into the park until just before 12 because there were shooters getting rid of some of the local issues... I don't think I look too much like a goat while I ride, but didn't want to take the chance of becoming a moving target!

smitho

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Headed out to the Youies today for a forced hour of road riding and some trail time as well.

Couldn't go into the park until just before 12 because there were shooters getting rid of some of the local issues... I don't think I look too much like a goat while I ride, but didn't want to take the chance of becoming a moving target!
I didn’t know you were allowed to shoot eBikers? Kudos to Parks Vic for tackling the issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BT180

Max Pfaff
How good does that thing look ben!!! Reckon you'll slap a coil shock on it at some point?
So good! Yeah, tempted by a coil for sure, but wanted to try it out with air first. The Signature I tried with a coil felt a little dead and took a bit of effort to throw around. The air will drop a bit of weight from the bike and hopefully liven it up a bit.

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah

Maybe they could teach the goats to eat all that fucken boneseed that's choking the whole park?

Jpez

Down on the left!
So I had a few issues with my One Up dropper post.
So I exchanged it for this. A PNW Bachelor (who names these things??) 170 dropper and a sexy AF loam lever.
The Loam lever is supposed to be sooo good it’s going to give me multiple orgasms... or something along those lines. Anyway it’s a really nicely machined bit of kit.
The last half a dozen rides on the OneUp were a PIA so I’m excited to get this on and and just not have to think about it!

Miguel75

Likes Dirt
So I had a few issues with my One Up dropper post.
So I exchanged it for this. A PNW Bachelor (who names these things??) 170 dropper and a sexy AF loam lever.
The Loam lever is supposed to be sooo good it’s going to give me multiple orgasms... or something along those lines. Anyway it’s a really nicely machined bit of kit.
The last half a dozen rides on the OneUp were a PIA so I’m excited to get this on and and just not have to think about it! View attachment 351599
It’s named after a mountain in Oregon. Very rad place to board!