What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

slider_phil

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Took it to Harcourt, little bike is still waiting on parts so the big bike was up for trail duties. 30 odd degrees and unfit me makes uphill interesting.

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk
Ah that was you I saw out there today. I gave you props on the Orange when I rolled past with the kids. Wasn't sure if it was the one from Rotorburn

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Cleaned up the stripped out brake caliper bolt hole on the SIDs.

Doing what I do, I rack up 50 hours pretty damn quick, so a lower lube is just a thing I do before every monthly race. Must have not quite nailed the re-entry one time and last service it finally stripped out.

I was planning on drilling it out and cutting a new larger hole, but found out the thread tap I borrowed is actually the same size as the original hole. Damn. But, it did show me that the hole is threaded to roughly twice the depth of the standard bolts.

So, quick hack job on a longer bolt and everything is nice and tight again :D

Hipstar

Likes Dirt
Ah that was you I saw out there today. I gave you props on the Orange when I rolled past with the kids. Wasn't sure if it was the one from Rotorburn
Twas I. Cheers, I'm sure I looked a lot better when you saw me than how I looked at the end of the ride

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
???
You want my cracked wheel?

I built it up from a Hunts hubs that I had as a set of ‘Trail wide’ wheels before getting a flat spot (also at Eatons...). I rebuild it on a WTB KOM tough i29. Seems I’m not as light on my wheels as I thought it was.

I think I’ll build it on a trusty Flow mk3 this time.

slowmick

38-39"
Rode my hardtail around Lysterfield and got shaken to bits by the trails. They seems a lot of tyres.
Seems half of Melbourne thought Lysterfield was the place to be today - it was packed.
@Plankosaurus - did you have trouble finding a car park this morning?

moorey

call me Mia
???
You want my cracked wheel?

I built it up from a Hunts hubs that I had as a set of ‘Trail wide’ wheels before getting a flat spot (also at Eatons...). I rebuild it on a WTB KOM tough i29. Seems I’m not as light on my wheels as I thought it was.

I think I’ll build it on a trusty Flow mk3 this time.
Lol. Just stirring. Also, boo 29”.
Bugger, mate. Flow mk3 are my weapon of choice. Or the sturdy new DT’s.
Pity you missed Felix’s faves on sale for $35 each the other day. Though 27.5.

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Rode my hardtail around Lysterfield and got shaken to bits by the trails. They seems a lot of tyres.
Seems half of Melbourne thought Lysterfield was the place to be today - it was packed.
@Plankosaurus - did you have trouble finding a car park this morning?
Was there yesterday morning, easy parking. Couldn't get out there early today, and didn't feel like battling it out in the sun this arvo. I keep forgetting how bad the traffic gets on a sunny weekend, best to find somewhere else to be.

Hardtail is tuff work there, roots are brutal in some sections. Forces you to learn how to pick good lines, and get the fark off the seat. And makes you appreciate the squishy bike

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Just Commuted 5.4km to work.
Up a pretty busy, major road works corridor in the inner west.

All I’ve got to say is it was more terrifying than any hill I’ve pointed down.
All you guys that do it regularly are utterly insane!!!

Still shaking.
From where to where? There are some good quiet routes around the inner west.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
Just Commuted 5.4km to work.
Up a pretty busy, major road works corridor in the inner west.

All I’ve got to say is it was more terrifying than any hill I’ve pointed down.
All you guys that do it regularly are utterly insane!!!

Still shaking.
Where was that? Both Footscray and Dynon have dedicated bikeways (because riding either of them otherwise would spell certain death under an 18-wheeler) which helps.

Still utter fucking chaos with the mix of tottering bike n00bs and commuter cup warriors though.

Jpez

Down on the left!
Altona nth to West Footscray.
Up Millers rd from Altona nth. Death defying run under the freeway with new bridge sections going in with no pedestrian path then up to Brooklyn then right onto princess to west Footscray.
Even had to run over the train line under the princess hwy overpass

Couldn’t have chosen a worse route if I tried.

I will be going the long through south Kingsville on the way home!

Jpez

Down on the left!
Yeah okay 100% fuck that o_O
You know, seemed like a good idea at the time. :p
Zero thought given to the route except it’s the most direct. Not many direct routes in that direction except for miller’s rd.

fact remains- roadies are off their heads..

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
fact remains- roadies are off their heads..
I ride down that way on the roadie a bit (live in Yarraville) but always take the scenic route around the waterfront. There’s about 2km on Kororoit Ck Road in my regular loop which is not great but at least has a wide shoulder, the rest of the heavy traffic routes through there are just.. no thanks.