What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Hipstar

Likes Dirt
Took the alpine out to the you yangs yesterday, too much bike for there.

Last run of the day, found a bloke on Cressy who had binned hard. Faceplanted a rockgarden pretty well, helped get him off the trail and got an ambulance up for him.

Never ever wear a road bike helmet on trails. Does not end well.

Also, just finished this.

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
That looks pretty!

Finally got the XC/just riding around hardtail finished! Centrelock adapter arrived yesterday, rear brake arrived this morning. PYR to come when I get the cable routing fully sorted. Gonna finish breakfast then take it for a spin.

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
Got out early @6am to beat the heat, got my first flat pedal strike, foot came off on a
downhill log drop, used to be 1ft, now 1.5ft with erosion

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
@Zaf That is a rollercoaster of LTIH & LTIL... with a little bit of Fuckwit thread thrown in for good measure.

For the love of DOG lock the G13, or buy a pub bike. At least you have some knowledge on how to offer aid to ol' mate after he fell the bike.

BT180

Max Pfaff
So I didn't do this today, but earlier in the week.

Some of you may know I've been enjoying a change of pace on the work front and wrenching bikes down at the local for a month or two now. Anyway, naturally I ride into work, and the Christmas period has meant that the indoor staff bike rack had been relegated to more floor stock because "times are busy!" in this consumerist dystopia. So my bike has been parked out the front of the workshop, in a semi enclosed area on racks we usually pop customer bikes that are being worked on that day.

On Tuesday afternoon, my G13 was stolen, and although pursuit was given on foot, they got away across an oval before I turned back knowing I couldn't catch them. Work then very graciously loaned me a bike off the demo fleet to give pursuit. And thankfully, these genius criminals didn't have many options of travel beyond the oval I lost them crossing, and double thankfully, they had stopped on the cycle path to admire their work (and in hindsight avoid roads where police were called and looking).
After a polite conversation with the criminals on the error of their ways, I was able to retrieve the bike and return to work. One of the would-be-thieves, regrettably, sustained several injuries when he fell whilst dismounting my bike.

Here's an artist interpretation of what happened.

Not the way I ever want to get an adrenaline hit on the bike ever again. Wouldn't recommend it. I got extremely lucky after being extremely fucking dumb with the lack of security on my bike. I keep doing this scene over in my head, at me, and not at all undeservedly.

Holy shit dude, glad you got it back! Did the fuckwits end up with the police? Or did you give them a good seeing to as their lesson?