What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
And trouser snakes.
Ha ha, yeah true that. We rode some single track that went away from the river, and kept surprising all of these guys, of all ages, then I noticed a tree had lots of weird blossoms... used dingers. Uh oh, sorry.

BTW, I couldn’t care less if you bat for the other side. To each their own.

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
New year off to a flying start.

Rode the epic Lake Mountain to Marysville trail. 29km all the way down to Marysville. Heaps of work put into the trail with new A lines up the top section.
Hitch hiked for the first time lol. The staff of Lake Mountain are champions, spotted me riding half way to the top and stopped to offer a lift :) Threw my bike in the back of their ute.
Saw my first ever snake while riding :eek:. Luckily it was on a slow uphill section so I just stopped and it slithered off into the bush.

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
Rode the epic Lake Mountain to Marysville trail. 29km all the way down to Marysville.
Great, so it is open then.

We had a couple of goes at it, a month or so ago, riding up from Marysville... but there was so many trees down, we didn’t get too far. The second time we rode along the river then up a fire trail which got us further up, but there was still heaps of trees down.

You were lucky to get a lift.

29 km of mainly down, would be awesome.

hellmansam

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hoping to get a first ride in down there next week. Staying near Gracetown, tell me that’s where the good shit is
Inland from Gracetown is Middle Earth which I haven't ridden yet but have seen varying reports from "so awesome" to "meh it's more of an XC trail" However you'll have Meelup to the north, and Margaret River to the south, about 30 mins drive to either one. They both have some decent gravity oriented trails.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
First ride of 2020 yesterday, going downhill, front wheel kicked up a large rock, hit the rear derailleur, nice morning for a walk.. Expensive start to the decade..:(
Bloody hell - good effort on that one! Don't think that one's going to tweak back into line... :(

mtb1611

Seymour
Young fella wanted to go to the skatepark at Kirkham (Camden) so I loaded the bike up and belted out a lap of the river trail while he did his thing on the ramps. Unsurprisingly it's getting extremely sandy and loose out there; had a few close calls on the way back so eased off the pedal a bit, given that I was riding alone. It would, however, appear that Nick Cave passed through just before me....

Last edited:

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
I was just riding along...

I'd been having a blast out at Forrest. Belted down Foxtail for my second lap, and was on my way back to the car park when I started hearing this godawful creaking. My first thought was, "I hope the dropper doesn't need servicing already, it's not that old." Looked down, and...