What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
got the dust off the ht. I got worked just rolling into a quarter pipe in the morning before we went to ride some dirt, I’m getting too old for skateparks.
Tried riding the skatepark the other week for the first time in ages... got maybe 6in above the coping in the 6” ramp and was like “nope fuck this I don’t do this anymore.” Need to find some good DJs instead.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Need to find some good DJs instead.
Where are they though? I haven't yet found anything other than Eaglemont (okay more of a pump track but I'm down with those too) and a few sketchy ones buried near Yarra Flats (which have all been demolished in the last six months or so).

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
Where are they though? I haven't yet found anything other than Eaglemont (okay more of a pump track but I'm down with those too) and a few sketchy ones buried near Yarra Flats (which have all been demolished in the last six months or so).
Don't really know. Haven't lived in Melb long enough and don't know anyone who rides DJ/BMX to give me an in. Looks from instagram like Diamond Creek is still running, and I think there are some down around Langwarrin too but they're both a good hour drive for me. Did stop by the Croydon Hills jumps a while back on my way home from Silvan but apparently they've since been flattened by the council.

Mattyp

Cows go boing
Tried riding the skatepark the other week for the first time in ages... got maybe 6in above the coping in the 6” ramp and was like “nope fuck this I don’t do this anymore.” Need to find some good DJs instead.
I took the DJ to the Bacchus Marsh Bmx track the other week. I rolled around and did a few manuals off the small jumps for maybe 15mins before coming to the realisation that I will never go full sprint down the start hill into a triple again. Packed up and went for an MTB ride.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
I do have a few on the way that have a regular sealed bearing just in case these ones explode.
So, the ceramic bearing casings are made of some kind of plastic :rolleyes: this means when I tighten the small bolt that holds the jockey wheels in place, it squashes the plastic inner casing and causes the jockey to stop turning.

The other jockeys I ordered have a regular sealed 689RS bearing in them, no play and again spin beautifully. I popped the seal off and added some more grease as there was not much in there.

Now I can tighten the jockey bolt nice and snug and the jockey wheels spins freely.

Conclusion- The ceramic bearings are shit, they have no seal and cannot be tightened correctly, only 1 small ride on the sealed bearings so far and the feel the same as the ceramic jockeys but are sealed and can be tightened.

Also, they were half the price at $2.01 each