What does your day look like?

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Wow that angophora is really at an angle, it must have huge roots. At least if it falls it'll be away from the house. Awesome house you have there, what a location and you don't fish!!
Yeah thanks dude. Tree is really growing on the edge of a cliff, the root system is into rock fissures & back underneath the house.

Oh, and FIGJAM:

Beams done, more corrosion protection & joists on tomorrow if the weather allows...

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
What went down?
I reckon rock strike into the trannie cooler...
So close.....

Best guess the intercooler caught a rock awhile ago and all the recycled exhaust soot has built up and slowly forced the core open.

Had the "it's making a funny noise" phone call from Mrs George on Thursday night. Brought to where I was working and I thought it had split a hose. But no, it broke the expensive bit.

Thankfully it's a manual coz the trans cooler would've been right in the way. And also thankful it was the intercooler, not the radiator. I can handle it running a bit rich from a leaky intercooler, the computer adjusts the fueling anyway. Don't really fancy a cooked engine block.

Bush fix closed the hole up and now the check engine light has gone off :D

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Goodly done! You could have removed it altogether and just put a temporary pipe in there but that works. Looks like an interchiller would fit nicelt too.

Flow-Rider

Burner
So close.....

Best guess the intercooler caught a rock awhile ago and all the recycled exhaust soot has built up and slowly forced the core open.

Had the "it's making a funny noise" phone call from Mrs George on Thursday night. Brought to where I was working and I thought it had split a hose. But no, it broke the expensive bit.

Thankfully it's a manual coz the trans cooler would've been right in the way. And also thankful it was the intercooler, not the radiator. I can handle it running a bit rich from a leaky intercooler, the computer adjusts the fueling anyway. Don't really fancy a cooked engine block.

Bush fix closed the hole up and now the check engine light has gone off :D
You can put some expoxy on it or crimp the tube with the hole.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Yeah thanks dude. Tree is really growing on the edge of a cliff, the root system is into rock fissures & back underneath the house.

Oh, and FIGJAM:

Beams done, more corrosion protection & joists on tomorrow if the weather allows...
Do you need diagonal horizontal bracing with so many joists?

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Goodly done! You could have removed it altogether and just put a temporary pipe in there but that works. Looks like an interchiller would fit nicelt too.
Would loved to have put a fat arse upgrade in there now that's it broken but didn't have enough funds
You can put some expoxy on it or crimp the tube with the hole.
Thought about that, but didn't want to tempt fate and have it suck shit into the engine. We can make do with it being only a little bit fucked. If it wasn't our only vehicle it would probably be out on the work bench curing something right now.

Flow-Rider

Burner
Would loved to have put a fat arse upgrade in there now that's it broken but didn't have enough funds

Thought about that, but didn't want to tempt fate and have it suck shit into the engine. We can make do with it being only a little bit fucked. If it wasn't our only vehicle it would probably be out on the work bench curing something right now.
I've got an alloy radiator that's been repaired with epoxy from a radiator shop that's about 20 years old.