What does your day look like?

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Couldn’t work out if this was a LTIH (ie a 200 Euro fine...) or a LTIL (getting back to the rental car 1 minute before it got towed the night before a 7 am flight for home!!), so I’ll put it here.

So so close... Now to work out if I really need to pay a Spanish parking fine!

Depends whose name the car hire is in.

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
Hey pink, have ever ridden a ripstik?
Not well.
A workmate and I got into them bigtime for a fair while. Our kids too. If you learn to carve on them, they feel quite snowboard like. My mate and I used to escape at lunchtimes and ride the local skate parks. Two old guys in suits, helmets and pads. The bros got used to us after a while. Dropping into bowls is hairy with the rear caster, but can be done, just needs commitment. I don't do the skate parks any more but every now and then I break out a board and ride our local shops gently sloped carpark, and can get some good carving going on there.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Depends whose name the car hire is in.
Mine alas... And from what I can tell Europcar adds a handling fee too.

The space was a bit tight so I struck the nose over the end by a metre to make sure the car behind was able to get out. And didn’t see the no blocking sign on a building roller door i thought was a closed shop front anyway....

Although I might add it to the bill for my terminally hopeless brother whom I’ve been a glorified travel for.

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
A workmate and I got into them bigtime for a fair while. Our kids too. If you learn to carve on them, they feel quite snowboard like. My mate and I used to escape at lunchtimes and ride the local skate parks. Two old guys in suits, helmets and pads. The bros got used to us after a while. Dropping into bowls is hairy with the rear caster, but can be done, just needs commitment. I don't do the skate parks any more but every now and then I break out a board and ride our local shops gently sloped carpark, and can get some good carving going on there.
Got onto a mates kids ripstick one day. Was carving it up like a pro showing off to the kids after a short time, until I carved way too much and almost busted my coccyx. Never again lol.

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
A few days ago was at Mitch’s shop at Sutherland when this ‘18 Capra arrived for assembly:

Most interestingly it was shipped straight from Taiwan to Oz. When did they stop passing all bikes through Germany? YT must have properly managed the Taiwanese build team as it was certainly set up nicely out of the box.

Flow-Rider

Burner
Most interestingly it was shipped straight from Taiwan to Oz. When did they stop passing all bikes through Germany? YT must have properly managed the Taiwanese build team as it was certainly set up nicely out of the box.
Most frames are made there, along with components. I removed a new unused Shimano box used as packing from the box that my GT frame came in.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I finally got a ride. It was good. I love the winter riding. Barely crack a sweat and don't come home feeling like a raisin.

binner

Hath shat hymself
More work in the courtyard - this time, putting up a designer trellis to do my espalier against:

These are 1200x2400 panels cut down the middle. Would have wanted a different pattern (one which matches our internal tiles) but would have been almost impossible to cut symmetrically.
doing the soft light in there for when you have the big summer feasts outside...