What does your day look like?

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Check the motifs on the wall and name of the joint - it's is a auto garage caricature. Hence "full service".

Great burger.

Just around the corner - literally is bent spoke. Try the Red Nut or Crankshaft.

Breaky meeting on the beach, then back to the office for a couple hours, home to have a dishwasher installed and off to netball training, some intervals on the bike before beer and vege out.

Mmm maybe some fancy beer from the other thread.

Attachments

Bit of both.

I have entered the Highland Fling 50km, I'd like to make a decent fist of it. I've also never taken a structured approach to training before, thought I'd give it a crack before I cark it (which isn't long according to the death clock).

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
The only conferences/forums that I've ever attended that were instant coffee and styro cups were at Defence, and even then, that was at ADFA rather than Russell.

It does get a bit ridiculous these days though, the standard now is espresso bars.

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
Yeah, I've also noticed that having a barista with a little coffee stall is getting more common at bigger meetings now.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
The only conferences/forums that I've ever attended that were instant coffee and styro cups were at Defence, and even then, that was at ADFA rather than Russell.

It does get a bit ridiculous these days though, the standard now is espresso bars.
I swear I started that trend... Took the old home espresso machine to more than one meeting when I was a public servant. It doest take long until the arse kissing execs came round with the old "we have an important visitor today, can you..." ahhhh career suicide - the word no.

Yeah, I've also noticed that having a barista with a little coffee stall is getting more common at bigger meetings now.
I've seen adverts for a few jobs making coffee in a boardroom.

stirk

Burner
Bit of both.

I have entered the Highland Fling 50km, I'd like to make a decent fist of it. I've also never taken a structured approach to training before, thought I'd give it a crack before I cark it (which isn't long according to the death clock).
Have you done the half fling?

It's very hilly, and the last section is tough on tired legs, the big open hill with switchbacks kills my legs and from there I cramped up last year. Sadly the fun bakery section I think it's called was lots of walking. Hopefully your training will get you through.

Have you done the half fling?

It's very hilly, and the last section is tough on tired legs, the big open hill with switchbacks kills my legs and from there I cramped up last year. Sadly the fun bakery section I think it's called was lots of walking. Hopefully your training will get you through.
No I havent done the 50 before.

I'm not starting exactly from scratch, I can do a road ride up to 100kms, so good for the first 10 kms of a mountain bike ride :pray::bounce:

stirk

Burner
No I havent done the 50 before.

I'm not starting exactly from scratch, I can do a road ride up to 100kms, so good for the first 10 kms of a mountain bike ride :pray::bounce:
I was riding up and then back down the oaks as training, same distance but very different rides.

This year I'll try uo oaks and then follow that with Anderson's and roll down the hwy home with dead legs.

JTmofo

XC Enthusiast
With the Honzo sadly gone..... my day was spent riding back the new steed from Northern NSW coast. I'm not complaining, but still also a sad day selling a mountain bike!

550km in and it's time for a beer.... The body just isn't as young as it used to be! Another 350km tomorrow .... fark....