What T.V Series to watch whilst waiting for Walking Dead to resume?

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
The development of the bad guys, kingpin, and the Muscovites (I'm only up to the 'black sky' episode) have been my favourite parts so far. Good to see they've managed not to succumb to the one dimensional bad guy characters that plague most "comic book" movies. Has definitely gotten darker as the series has progressed.

Wellsey

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Daredevil was pretty ace. If only Marvel could put that much character into their bad guys in the movies.

I'm looking forward to seeing how it all ties in with the other Marvel franchises that Netflix own.
Too bad the bad guy is the only good character in the show. The hero is weak as piss, the blonde chick is thick as two planks and the chubby dude is destined for the friend zone.

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
Fair point on fat dude. If you're going to be comic relief at least be funny. The girl Karen has her moments however so I'm not going to write her off. Daredevil himself isn't too bad. He's not as moody as your Batman's and he does a good job with the stunt-work (there's a lot less obvious cutting in stunt scenes due to him being talented enough to convincingly fight on camera)

Best character though isn't Kingpin. It's Scott Glenn's dude. That episode made the season for me

Zac Hinton

St Bernard
The wife and I love a good TV series, faves in recent years are Breaking Bad, Arrested Development, Fargo, UK version of The Office, Tangled (Aussie), Love My Way (Aussie)

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
Fair point on fat dude. If you're going to be comic relief at least be funny. The girl Karen has her moments however so I'm not going to write her off. Daredevil himself isn't too bad. He's not as moody as your Batman's and he does a good job with the stunt-work (there's a lot less obvious cutting in stunt scenes due to him being talented enough to convincingly fight on camera)

Best character though isn't Kingpin. It's Scott Glenn's dude. That episode made the season for me
Scott Glenn would have made twilight watchable. Dude is always at his best when playing Scott Glenn.

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
Scott Glenn would have made twilight watchable. Dude is always at his best when playing Scott Glenn.
I only just learned he was in Apocalypse Now. He doesn't have any lines and it barely looks like him which is weird as he's usually pretty distinctive but yeah, he's the dude who was sent to kill Kurtz the first time. That just makes him even more awesome.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Its nothing like 'The Room'. A better comparison would be movies like Shoot'Em Up, Face-Off, The Raid 2 or John Wick

Season 1 is a bit of a slog. It starts to kick into gear in season two (Ep 5 was my 'road to Damascus' moment for it) . The story and characters get no less ridiculous -although there is a fair bit of character development and a really subtle subtext about the growing effect of all this violence on the characters- however it's the direction and cinematography that really takes off around this time with some amazing set-pieces that wouldn't look out of place in a good Hollywood action film which is pretty awesome for a low budget cable show.
The dialogue also improves a bit with plenty of zingers between the gay hacker and the old black barman and the introduction of a few more characters.

Its the cinematography and music score that seal the deal for me.

Art Vanderlay

Hourly daily
Missus started watching it on Nutflix, there were boobies and lesbian action in the first 2 minutes before the opening credits, so looks pretty ace.
Don't they do that on every show to keep you watching week after week but it all just goes downhill?

ducky1988

Likes Dirt
Madam Secretary has been good. I was expecting a whole bunch of 'Murica F' Yeah propaganda bull shit but, it's been pretty interesting so far.

Beej1

Missing Justified. The ending was a both a bit of an anticlimax, but great in the same way.

Trying to ignore the praise here for Daredevil. I need to cut back on TV.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

PLUGGA

Likes Dirt
Anyone watched 'The Knick'? Had the whole season recorded on FoxTel, and thought I'd give it a go. It is fu@ken awesome! Clive Owen is a cracking actor, won't give anything away though. Get onto it if you haven't, highly recommended!

slo

Likes Dirt
Havent read whole thread... so not sure who has recommended what.
But some crowd favs so far have been

-True Detective.
-Hell on wheels.
-Vikings.
-Ray Donovan.
-Daredevil (as mentioned).
-The bridge.

Missus has been watching true blood, ample boobs which is always rad :high5:

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
True Detective and House of Cards. Both seriously good, especially the way they both corkscrew plot lines in insane twists.

Just saw the final episode of Season 5 of GOT. Bah. I'm calling it, did not enjoy this season. Such a pity.