Whats the best beer you've had & why?

SummitFever

Eats Squid
Just returned from the Page Bottler. Highly recommend grabbing a "Mystery Cube". If you give them an idea of what you like they will tweak it to suit your tastes. It's winter time, and the First Fursty Fursday of the month, so for the ride tonight I wanted as many Imperial Stouts as I could get hold of. I think they've sorted me out nicely...

born-again-biker

Is looking for a 16" bar
Just had a can of "The Traveller".
Very, very noice.

It's a colab / limited edition from Deeds & Carwyn Cellars.
8% Double NEIPA.
(Doesn't taste like an 8% beer)

Fuggin' 'spensive.....but worth it if you're a hop tragic like me.

(hiccup)

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
I had a few of these over the weekend, I got given them weeks ago by a colleague for a few matters I sorted for him at work.

To be honest I wasn't expecting very much at all but I was mistaken, I won't lie and say that it'll turn into a regular tipple but was bloody nice...recommended.

born-again-biker

Is looking for a 16" bar
I had a few of these over the weekend, I got given them weeks ago by a colleague for a few matters I sorted for him at work.

View attachment 355330

To be honest I wasn't expecting very much at all but I was mistaken, I won't lie and say that it'll turn into a regular tipple but was bloody nice...recommended.
I've had the Speedway Stout in a can before - put hairs on ya chest it will!

stirk

Burner
The big stouts are awesome. I've been enjoying Exit Brewing milk stout and their double #23 is really nice. I've a couple boatrocker ramjet waiting to be opened and if anyone comes across the omnipollo stouts don't hang about they are very very good.

For now I'm rating very highly my first Imperial Stout made from all grain using the BIAB method. It's as good as the brews many small brewery's are putting out. Chocolate, coffee and raspberries flavours in this one.

indica

Serial flasher
For now I'm rating very highly my first Imperial Stout made from all grain using the BIAB method.
Top work, I have made two and punched on with reiterated mashes to get near 12% of (as a mate said) nose numbing niceness.

stirk

Burner
Top work, I have made two and punched on with reiterated mashes to get near 12% of (as a mate said) nose numbing niceness.
That's some serious work to get to 12%!

This stout is 8.5%
Lifting 15kg of hot wet malt in a bag and holding it with arms horizontal while it drains is not fun. I need a pulley system for this BIAB technique.

I've a second batch in the FV now and in this I've used more dark malts, should be even better. Maybe take this to the home brew thread ;) I used to read that thread even though I was not brewing.

stirk

Burner
Cloudwater is on tap at Sweeney's Sydney. I think currently ranked 2nd best brewery in the world, have been no. 1. Human meanings is a peach and mango filled NEIPA that hides it's 8.5% ABV very well. Their DDH Pale is my favourite, a very hop driven pine flavour that creates a dry finish while being sweet. I can taste why they are too ranked.

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
Oh, will be trying that...I've only had it from can so will be interesting to taste from tap, I've yet to taste anything unpalatable from them.