Whats the best beer you've had & why?

Scotty T

Walks the walk
@SummitFever nah I'm still hanging on to the summer fruity stuff and was limited to two, but did happen to visit Hope Estate last week and had the chocolate milk porter. Some of the barrel aged stuff has a bit too much oak and whiskey for my tastes.

@droenn things are definitely going over the top with fruity beers these days and I can't get enough of them :) I am looking forward to a big dark sour or two with raisin flavours as it cools off.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Beer is going over the top these days, but it's all good. The standard stuff is still being done, a lot and well. So everyone's catered for.

@stirk are you BAIBing or robobrewing?

indica

Serial flasher
Spectacular beer. Can just notice the Gin, makes it much more savoury than the usual NEIPA

Barrel Farm by Blackmans
Sour NEIPA 6.7%
Limited Release. Canned 13/3/2019

Soured NEIPA, Apple juice added to the boil, Hopped at boil end and whirlpool with Simcoe and Galaxy, London Ale yeast ferment at 18 degrees, Triple Dry hopped with Galaxy and Eldorado. Dry hop additions: initially at start of ferment, then at 4 plato, then after end of ferment. We then infuse Gin soaked Cucumber, Mint and Lime post fermentation during cold conditioning to enhance the Fruity Juicy HAZY flavour.

Scotty T

Walks the walk
I made a milkshake double NEIPA out the front of Capital Brewing. Insane amount of hops and lactose. I put the lactose in the mash, apparently it was meant for 10m boil rather than 10m mash. It may have some caramelisation. It looks and smells good, the dry hopping regime is also insane. I hit my numbers so hopefully a good result.

oliosky

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Jesus. You aunts have taken it next level. I go to the crazy craft beer drive through and spend 5 mins looking overwhelmed and still grab 2 coppers sparkling long necks out of the Esky. Every damn time.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
I made a milkshake double NEIPA out the front of Capital Brewing. Insane amount of hops and lactose. I put the lactose in the mash, apparently it was meant for 10m boil rather than 10m mash. It may have some caramelisation. It looks and smells good, the dry hopping regime is also insane. I hit my numbers so hopefully a good result.
You did the brew day today?

I really wanted to join in but was unable
To.