Whats the best chain lube?

iUDEX_nCr

Likes Dirt
I'm resurrecting this thread. :ranger:

Can anyone recommend a dry chain lube that keeps the drivetrain pretty clean? I don't mind reapplying every ride.

I've just tried Triflow (again) and RocknRoll Blue and was disappointed with both. A lot of crap built up on the drivetrain with those two.
RNR Gold is cleaner than both Triflow and RNR Blue... but like you I clean and lube my chain after pretty much every ride. I like it clean, so have found Finish Line Ceramic Dry to be super clean.
Only thing is when it's cold, it needs some TLC. I just stick it under my Tshort while I wipe up my chain. Then warm up my chain before/during application to ensure it all seeps in. I also wiggle my chain link by link to ensure it gets in there.

As a side note, Boeshield T9 keeps the chain quiet, but geewiz does it make your chain go black!

Personally I think RNR Gold, and Finish Line Ceramic are at the top of my list.

Anyone got their hands on the Muc Off Hydrodynamic lube? very tempted to give it a go.

Elbo

pesky scooter kids git off ma lawn
Expensive? Really?

~$12 seems pretty good for over 6 months of use.
Unless you have like 5 bikes and lube the chains twice a week. :p
I need to work on my bargain hunting skills then. Got reamed $24 if I remember correctly, but needed it that day so had to buy it.

madstace

Likes Dirt
Lube? Aren't we are all running no chains yet?
LOL, well played sir.

Has anyone given the Podium lube a go yet? Haven't really seen it mentioned much on here. I've been using Squirt for a few years now and while it's the best lube I've found so far, I'd like something that doesn't gum up quite as much, and maybe gets a bit more mileage. It's not too bad for either, but does eventually accumulate on the chainring (especially NWs), and I'll typically get no more than 50kms out of an application.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
White Lightning Clean Ride. Apply every second or third ride. Never clean your chain again. Not so great in the wet.

it was dry enough in Melbourne for a dry chain lube this past weekend. White Lightening Clean Ride does an amazing job, the narrow wide XX1 jockey wheels didnt fill up with crud.

rowdyflat

chez le médecin
Whats the best food, country,music ,religion? Most are good it depends how its used.
Wet v dry conditions.Is it renewed frequently ? Is the old stuff cleaned off first ? Are the cogs/derailleur pulleys wiped clean ?
Is it is easy to apply ?

Daetmi3

Likes Bikes
Boeshield T-9 dry lube rocks!!!
Disolves your old lube as theres a solvent in it, and then applys a dry parrafin lube that mud and gunk cant get into.
I thought it would be ok, but just this last weekend went through some god awful mud and it just washed straight off.

If its good enough for Boeing to use on their planes as a lube then good enough for me.